CHAPTER 15

---

For the whole duration of the night, I kept on turning, scowling, even rolling on the floor just to move on about what happened yesterday. My brain seemed to like t he thought because it doesn't want me to forget.

I groaned as I sat up straight in my bed. It's just six and I have school at eight thirty.

Oh. I forgot, my mom wasn't here. She's far away from me so I'm on my own for two weeks.

I went to the bathroom with my one eye closed. I washed my face and I tied my hair without even combing it.

Super lazy early in the morning.

I descended the stairs and went to the kitchen. Not knowing anything about cooking, I pulled the last cereal from the cabinet. Maybe tomorrow I'll just eat at the caf.

Eating the cereal, he popped in my mind and I almost choke. Wow Sab. Get over about the hug! For him, it was just a simple hug. He was just thanking you so don't get him wrong.

I answered myself. See? Insane.

I'm not getting him wrong! It's just that, you will feel it if it was just really a hug... Or there's something more. Or maybe you're right, I'm just paranoid. But, I really felt like he wants to express something. The way he hugged me, the way his arms wrapped tightly, and the way his heart was beating that time.

He told me he felt mine the first time I hugged him. And I felt his, too. When we're at the car park.

Finishing my breakfast (?), I went to my room again and prepared myself for school.

***

'Congratulations Williams' was the first thing I saw when I entered the school. According to what my eyes we're seeing, we have a victory party.

Cheerleaders waving their pom poms everywhere, and students who can't keep their eyes off the cheering squad we're those who occupied the grounds.

I tried to stay invisible as possible when I walked past them but because I looked so panic, they noticed me.

"Hey, weirdo. How's the life living in the spotlight with Lucas?" Jen pulled my hand so I could face her, then she smiled sweetly.

"Don't start." I answered her, not looking in her eyes. I'm totally not in the mood to make a verbal fight with her. My mind can't function properly since yesterday.

The squad looked amused when they heard me answer back at Jen.

"Are you that bored in the dimlight to be that clingy to Lil Lu?" She quoted her hands in the air, her face filled with much disgust.

Lil Lu. How did she found out about that? Damn.

I didn't answered her, instead, I pulled my hand away from her grip then started walking.

Hearing them laugh from my disappearing figure, she yelled one more time.

"Feel free and enjoy the pleasure of the spotlight. You might end up into the dark... Again."

And there, I stood frozen.

I didn't bother moving away from the crowd coming towards my way. I just stood there. Contemplating every single word she said. I know that she doesn't mean it literally.

And somehow, the thought came into my mind.

I recalled her words... Dark. Again.

I was trapped. In the toilet. Someone TURNED OFF the lights. It was DARK. I was with Lucas during that morning before it happened. And from what she said earlier, 'spotlight' pertains to Lucas.