CHAPTER 2

I woke up earlier than usual. I tried to sleep again but I just couldn't. So I sat up in my bed and stared at the ceiling. I was thinking of how this day would flow. And in a blink, remember him. I scowled at the thought. I hope he'll leave me alone today.

I took a bath and fixed myself. Fitted black pants, and a white polo shirt will do, I thought to myself. I fixed my hair in a messy bun. Yes, that's it. No make up, I don't put much effort into myself when I'm in front of a mirror.

I went down into the kitchen and find some breakfast. But I failed. Mom was not yet awake. So I cooked for myself.

''Sunny side up!'' I said to myself as I started to get things out for it. It's like I play cooking. Childish.

I ate the egg and found it disgusting. It was salty. Why am I trying so hard to cook?! "Ugh." It was very embarrassing. Good thing I was the only one around here in the kitchen. Even if it tasted bad, I still ate it. No other options.

***

I was the first one to arrive in class. I sat down at the front part of the room near the window. To entertain myself while I waited, I took out some pieces of sticky notes and drew smiling faces. Just for some good vibes.

"I'll be using you again starting today." I folded the used sticky notes.

My classmates were arriving now, they're busy talking with one another. Some are playing with their phones, some are busy fixing themselves. Really, I wonder why do they have to put much makeup on their faces.

The  so-called famous students arrived. Brit and her three chipmunks, Shawn, and that guy. Yes, I still don't know his name. I looked at them and I saw Brit smirking at me. That bitch. We have some unsolved problems, and I don't wanna talk about it. Not now.

I wore my glasses today. Because I thought I'll be sitting at the back part again. I can't see clearly what's written on the board if I'm too far away. While I'm busy drawing smiley faces, he sat beside me.

I looked at him, and he smiled at me, that bright smile.

"Morning." he said.

"Same."

It was awkward at first, then suddenly, his hands were connected on my arm.

"Don't." He pulled me a little closer to him.

"Don't what?" I asked. Trying to break free from his grasp.

"Don't ---" He was about to say something but was cut off by Shawn.

"Starting early this morning, huh?" Said Shawn.

So he really was just bullying me. Darn.

"I'm ---"

I cut him off this time and shove his hands away. "I better move seats." Pointing the empty seat near the door. "So excuse me."

"Sabrina." He stood up. Turning my back at him, I can feel anger in his voice, but I didn't look back.

I heard some whispers and murmurs. They're making a big fuss. Someone like him, talking to someone like me. I looked at him, and I saw that disappointed expression in his eyes.

***

The first three subjects ended so fast I didn't have time to think about what happened. The third period was ending and everyone started to file out except a little group around me.

"Hey, Sab. Can you do this for me?" Handing me his Notebook.

"Okay." Here we go folks. My role.