CHAPTER 16

"So, I have a plan." My eyebrows came together in confusion.

Agnes was really pissed since the crumpled paper prank. The dent between her eyebrows never left her face. She kept on saying things like when she found out the culprit, she'll make her/his life a living hell. She never talked to anyone except me. Well, she's saying the same things over and over again and I just pretend that I was listening. I even made fake reactions to satisfy her.

Last night, I was thinking what if it was Jen after all? What am I going to do? What will Agnes do? I can't be involve because my scholarship is at risk. What if they did this so if ever I bite the bait of having cat fight with them, I'll be expelled. And them? Of course they won't, they can pay just to stay in this university.

Why do they still keep on bugging me? I'm living here like I'm not existing but they are making some pranks so anyone would notice me.

"Tell me." I stared at her.

She inhaled deeply, then she shifted her body to face me directly. "Tonight, I'll put a cctv camera near my locker. I-I just received another crumpled papers with used gums this morning." She gritted her teeth. "And I acted like I was so pissed so they will do prank again tomorrow." Clenching her fist, she continued. "And if this succeed, I'll figure out who to kill."

Never mess with Agnes. She's the type of girl who didn't care even if she'll be expelled. She'll do what she think is right, she doesn't follow any orders coming from others. The perfect strong independent girl I ever knew, the exact opposite of me.

"Maybe I could help out." I told her, leaning my back at my chair.

"No no no." She shook her head hard. "You need to be with the guys, they don't know anything about this, right? Keep them occupied." She commanded.

"Don't you need any help?"

"Lindsay will be there. Don't worry. So later after class, all you have to do is keep the two boys occupied so they won't notice me disappearing. And if they ask you, just tell them you don't know." She shrugged.

"Okay. Just be careful." I smiled at her.

"I'm always careful." She winked at me then smiled, but after a second, the frowning face was back.

Looking at her, I can see she's prepared about this. She planned out everything already.

First, me. Second, Agnes. Who's the next one?

Looking at the targets, it was pretty obvious who did this, but without any proofs, everything is nothing but doubt.

The teacher came into the room and after placing his bags under his table, the lesson started rolling. As usual, I'm the nerd girl wannabe who take down notes and listen to the teacher attentively.

Even though I hated it here, I need to be here. I know we can afford other cheaper universities but it's way too better if everything is free, right?

Your classmates would judge you by the way you look. If you're only wearing a polo shirt and a blue jeans, there is no way you'll fit into their circle of friends. But if you do wear a shiny dress with a Prada, then welcome to the world of the high class.

The class was finished sooner than I thought it would be and by the time I reached the door, two boys we're already waiting for us. I scanned the hall and found many giggling girls huddled behind them. Lucas looked so uncomfortable, rubbing the back of his head and giving them a weak smile. On the other hand, there stood Shawn, a smirk playing on his lips as he waved his hands to the girls.