CHAPTER 13

----

I tried to walk normal as possible but I failed. I kept on my zigzag pattern, never looking straight. Since I bid my good bye to Agnes, Shawn and Lucas earlier, I never felt good. I felt like my mind's gonna blast right now. That prank. No matter how I tried to jumbled my thoughts then rearrange it back again, I can't think of anyone but Brit.

Now I can't see well because of the blur vision I am having, I can't help it when tears freely escaped my eyes, count the little help of my hair splattered all over my face. I can take it if it's just about doing favors, or me, being their little nerd, but never I can take a hard prank. Never AGAIN, for it brings back memories I tried so hard to forget.

I'm almost close to a walking jelly when a bike almost hit me, and it regained back my ability to think of what's in front of me right at this very moment and I was able to dodge at the side.

Trying to stop the bike in an instant, it went under control as he hit the brakes, and he flew right through the street, he kept on rolling and was stopped when his thin body bumped the light post.

My hand found it's way to my mouth as I covered it to avoid screaming. I ran into the wincing boy.

"Oh my gosh. Are you okay?!" I held his arm gently so he could turn around his laying body and face me.

"Do you think I sound o-okay?!" He stuttered.

He winced a couple of times and exhaled deeply before he faced me. Then right there, we both opened our mouths forming an 'o' shape.

"Sab?!"

"Kevin?!"

I closed the gap between my lips and helped him to sit up.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry." I looked at his legs, twisted on the bike's wheel.

"You looked like a walking jelly!" He yelled then winced again.

I knelt across the bike then I cautiously removed his right leg on the wheel. I asked him tentatively if it hurts but he motioned me to go on. I pulled out the bike away then I helped him stretch his right leg.

"Good thing it's not twisted." He sighed in relief.

"Yeah, I-I'm sorry."

"Help me here." He motioned for me to come closer. I knelt closer to him then he placed his right arm on my shoulder, encircling it around my neck. "I'll stand." He tilted his head right beside mine and when I moved my head to look at him and nod, both our foreheads collide.

No one talked. He's just inches... No, erase that. He's just centimeters away from me. Right in this position, I can feel his hard breathing due to his scratched leg and it send tickles down to my nose.

"Uh, I'm sorry." He mumbled, but he didn't move.

"I-It's fine..." I answered him tentatively before shoving my face away from his.

I inhaled deeply. I forgot to breathe. I was stunned. I was a feather close into kissing him... Or him, kissing me.

"Sorry." We both mumbled in the air.

I urged myself to break the awkward silence dancing around us.

I cleared my throat. "Let's go. I'll walk you home." I crouched a little to get his bike, then we started walking... Or for him, hopping.

He tried to open something to talk about but eventually, after I answered, there's this huge silence again. So we both gave up.

We reached their house without any talking. He pulled out his hand from my shoulder then he leaned closer to the gate, and there he put his weight.