CHAPTER 24

---

Weeks flew by faster than I thought. I guess I haven't done anything productive. Well, of course, except the fact that I did the class' requirements all by myself.

Lucas, Shawn and Agnes weren't present yesterday. They had a game to play - Semi finals, and as for Agnes, she joined the Battle of the Bands. Each of them has their own tight schedules.

I haven't got the chance to talk to him alone. Most of the time, he's with his team mates and I can't just borrow his time when he's with his friends. First is that because I'm too shy to talk to him first, and another is because I want to talk to him privately, where there will be no one to interrupt us.

I'm afraid. I'm afraid he might change his mind after knowing my past. Afraid that I may not be able to continue my normal life if he will disappear. He changed so many things about me already. But whatever it is, I need to prepare on what's going to happen. On what his answer would be.

I want to tell him everything, it's choking me. It's hard whenever I think about it at night. So I decided that after this Annual Party I'll be attending, I'll call him then tell him everything. I'll not sugar coat my words just to make him pity me.

Those thoughts we're occupying my mind while Lindsay was too busy putting some make up on my face.

I invited her to come over and help me dress myself since I'm no good when it comes to fashion.

"I put a dark make up since it's a night party, light make up won't do good." She told me.

I groaned. I asked her to put light make up only since I'm not used when there's a lot of coloring on my face.

She made my cheek pink-ish, violet for my eye shadow, she also put a noticeable dark violet eye liner, and a simple red lipstick.

"There. Simplicity really suits you well." She held my chin, judging my face.

"Thanks." I smiled.

I stood up as she grabbed the dress in my bed. She unzipped the dress, then motioned for me to come closer and fit it.

As she helped me wear it, I started putting some simple accessories. They were my mom's, she urged me to put at least some since it would be too dull if I don't wear anything.

She finished zipping the dress, and I looked at the mirror, staring at the person in front of me.

I thought another person was staring back.

"I transformed." I said plainly, not able to utter more words since it's been centuries since I put effort on

"Yes, I guess you did." She undid the curlers let my hair fall on my shoulders.

"Thank you, Lindsay. This was beyond my imagination." I chuckled. All I wanted was to look good, but she did better and I was truly amazed. I'm not being a narcissist but I know I look beautiful tonight.

She pinched my cheeks then held my hand. "Let's go downstairs, your mom is probably waiting."

I trailed behind her as we descended the stairs. I held her tight, heels we're giving me a hard time.

Mom was wearing her glittered black dress, sequence placed at both sides of the dress.

"Wow." We said in unison.

"Yes, wow." Lindsay grinned. "You two look stunning, eh?"

Mom laughed. "You're just not used to it. You always see her wearing a simple polo and jeans. And yes, I do, I know, so thanks." She said cheekily.