CHAPTER 18

Running like a maniac in the halls of the building where loads of students are huddled and I have no choice but to squeeze myself so I won't be so late to class doesn't made my morning so good.

I don't even know what kind of jeans and shirt I'm wearing right now. I woke up so late I pulled out the first pair of clothes I saw in my closet. I haven't checked myself before I went here so I don't know what does my hair look like. A messy broom, maybe.

I knocked on my classroom's door a few times before I came in.

"Good morning, sir. Sorry I'm late." I ran my hand through my messy hair.

"Tired early in the morning, huh." Mr. Ford arched an eyebrow.

"I woke up late. I'm sorry." I fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

"It's fine. Go sit. Take the quiz. You still have twenty minutes."

I rushed to my seat and placed my bag beside me. I pulled out my ballpen as Mr. Ford gave me the question sheets. Scanning it, though I didn't review a thing, I know the answers. A smile formed my lips.

After writing all the answers in my booklet, I stood up from my seat then gave it to Mr. Ford. Even though I was the last one to answer the papers, I still finished it earlier than the others.

I sat back again and waited for them to finish the test. Soon enough, Agnes was finished as well. Shawn followed. Lucas, I guess he was done before I could even take the exam.

After the test, Mr. Ford stood up then dismissed us.

Agnes stared at me, motioning to follow her. I know what's this about so I did. We sneaked out of the room so Lucas (though he's not here.) and Shawn won't see us.

Arriving at the library, we searched for the most hidden place and found one at the end of the letter 'X' shelves.

Putting both our weights in the couch, she sighed.

"It's Jen." She gritted her teeth. "Damn Brit slave."

"You-- You caught her?" I gasped. I know, I had the feeling before that it was Jen, but now it was proven, I still can't contemplate on what to say.

She nodded. She pulled out her laptop and opened it. After a couple of clicks from her mouse, she roamed her eyes around, looking if there is someone who can hear us, when she found no one, she shifted the laptop so I can see the screen well. Looking closely, there is the video taken by the CCTV camera.

It was recorded around eight in the evening. Only few of the students were at the school during those hours. Most of them we're athletes, some we're members of academic organizations.

The video started. At first, it was dark. After that, the bulbs in the hallway started to light up. I can hear the slow footsteps of someone coming from behind. Later on, there's Jen, holding... Eggs?! I gasped. She's taking this way too far. After scanning the halls, she made her move. She cracked the eggs then threw it on Agnes' locker. There was at least fifteen eggs before she retreated back.

Closing her laptop, she clenched her fist. "I haven't done anything to her."

With a shaky voice, I told her. "Maybe... Maybe 'cause you're with me. And you know... You know how much they hate me... That's why, you're involved. 'Cause you're part of my life now..."

Tears started to form but I kept still. "I'm sorry, Agnes."

She stared at me intently. "Oh gosh, don't be sorry. You're not at fault." She told me, with a 'duhh' tone. "Whatever her reason is, she's the one who's wrong here."