Girl Meets Revenge

'Nervous?' Josh asked. 'A little', Maya replied. They had been walking for a while now and were close to their destination. 'You're gonna be fine. And I won't let you out of my sight. Not even for a minute.' He put an arm around Maya's shoulder and gave her a confident smile. 'Oh please', she said, shaking his arm off of her, while laughing. 'You better take care of yourself first. I'm a strong woman and I don't need-' 'Maya, watch out, that's a tree!' Josh called, but it was too late. Maya had bumped into a tree's trunk. She rubbed her head and sat down on the ground. Josh couldn't help but laugh. Tears were soon rolling down his cheek. 'What?' Maya asked annoyed. 'You- You... The tree', Josh said, pointing at her, then at tree, and then back at her again. Maya tried to give him a stern look, but her bottom lip trembled and she burst out laughing herself as well. 'Oh my God, I'm so stupid!' she managed to say in between her giggles. 'Yeah, you are', Josh agreed. Maya elbowed him. 'First, look at yourself before you judge others!' she said. 'Hey', Josh said, holding up his palms, 'I'm not the one running into trees.' They started laughing even harder.

Ten minutes of giggles later, the two of them were back on the road. 'Make sure to look out for any, you know, trees blocking your path.' Maya fake-laughed. 'Very funny, Mister, but as I recall, you bumped into my bedroom door quite recently.' That made Josh shut up. 'Touché', he said. Their destination was finally in sight: a river flowing through the woods. Their first day on Hawaii flashed through Maya's mind. She remembered lying on the ground for hours, no one near her, and pain surging through her body - especially her leg. Blood that colored the earth red and stones that ripped through her clothing. What would she have done if Lucas and Josh hadn't found her there? She shivered at the thought. They had found her and made sure she'd returned home safely. You're safe now, she told herself. But she had a nauseating feeling in her stomach. No one knew how terrified she'd been that afternoon. And even if she told anyone, no one would truly understand what she'd gone through.

'You okay?' Josh said, studying Maya's expression. 'Yeah', she said softly. They sat down on a stone near the river's edge. Josh opened the backpack he'd been carrying. He took out two baguettes. 'Fancy', Maya said approvingly. 'Only the best for you', Josh said, offering her a sweet smile. 'I can't believe we've only been here for three weeks. The day we were here, the day you...', Josh didn't finish the sentence. He recovered quickly and added, 'It all seems so long ago.' Maya nodded, nibbling on a piece of chicken. 'That's for sure', she said after she'd swallowed the food.

'Time for revenge!' Josh announced after they finished their baguettes. 'What?' Maya asked, confused. 'Revenge?' 'Revenge!' Josh repeated. He took a stone the size of a fist in his hand. He threw it in the river. Water splashed, a few drops hitting him and Maya. 'What... are you doing?' she asked slowly. 'Taking revenge... on the river.' He said it like it was obvious. 'That's idiotic', Maya stated. Josh took a few steps toward her. 'Oh come on, I know you want to!' he said as he offered her a stone. 'I'm not throwing some stones in some river. That's too stupid for words. God, why do I even like you?' she said with half a smile on her face. It actually was pretty cute he did that for her. Pretty stupid, too. But most of all cute. 'Fine', she said and she took the stone. She threw it in the water. For some reason, she felt relieved. Like a weight fell off of her shoulders, creating a big splash! She took another stone and threw that one, too, this time with an even greater force. 'That's it!' Josh said smiling as he picked up a handful of pebbles and threw them into the river. Maya carefully stepped into the water. Luckily, there wasn't much of a stream pulling her. 'Feels great, doesn't it?' Josh asked her, like somehow he knew exactly how she was feeling at that moment. 'I'm surprised to say this, but yeah, it actually does. Thanks.' Josh stepped into the water as well and took her in his arms. Probably not the best idea, though. Maya saw an opportunity and she took a step back. She lowered her arms down into the cold water and splashed her crush with it. 'Oh no, you didn't!' he shouted. 'Oh yes, I did!' Josh came a little bit closer, but not to take any revenge on her. Instead, he planted a soft kiss on her lips, and after that, on the tip of her nose. 'I love you, Maya Hart', he said. 'I love you too.'

Hey everyone :) I hope you liked this new Joshaya-chapter of Girl Meets Hawaii! Thank you all so much for reading. And a special thanks to those who have voted on previous chapters :D If you have any questions, suggestions or any other comments, feel free to post them in the comment section below :D I wish you all a great day!

Love,