Girl Meets the Truth

They walked for an hour or more until they finally gave up. 'This can't be happening', Riley said, panting. 'Well, it kind of is', Maya said and she squatted, needing some rest and air. 'I...can...barely...breathe.' The boys looked around. Josh began pacing. 'It's all my fault', he said. 'Why would you say that?' Riley asked. 'It's no one's fault.' Josh looked at her. 'I was the one in charge. I was the oldest and the wisest. At least, that's what your dad said. And I was the one who was suppose to make sure you were alright.' He sat down on the grass. Maya walked over to him. 'Look, I know you think you're responsible for this mess. But honestly, we all are. And Farkle's the one who led us in the wrong direction.' 'Hey!' he exclaimed. 'Shhh', Maya silenced Farkle. 'My point is, it's not just your job to keep us safe. We have to do that ourselves. And we are still safe. Yeah, this isn't the best situation to be in, but we'll end up finding our mansion and we'll enjoy a nice holiday and we're going to have a lot of fun.' While she was talking, she put her hand on his shoulder. When she realized what she had done, she quickly pulled her arm away. 'Thank you, Maya', Josh said. 'It means a lot to me.' She saw in his eyes that he meant what he'd just said. 'No problem.' She stood back up. 'What are you guys waiting for? We have a house to find!'

Luckily, they passed a shop on the way. 'Water!' Lucas said. They all bought something to drink and a few snacks, since they all were really hungry. Maya opened her bag of chips and Riley nibbled on a chocolate bar. 'Hmm, it tastes like heaven', Riley said. Zay took a swig of his diet coke. 'Yeah, this is probably the happiest moment of my life!' The rest looked at him like he just said the craziest thing ever. They kind of had a point. Drinking  soda isn't really the best thing that can ever happen to you. They continued their travel to find the mansion. After a while, a large house came in eyesight. 'Zay! Zay! Is that it?' Maya asked. 'Yep.' 'Thank God!' Josh said. They looked in awe at the mansion. 'That is- that is...I don't even have words for it. Maya, Maya...I don't have words! Help me!' Riley exclaimed. Maya laughed. 'Words can't describe this, Riles.' They saw the water in the pool glistening in the sunlight. 'Amazing describes it pretty well', Farkle said. As they approached the building, a girl emerged from the front door. Everyone, except for Josh, recognized her. Her brown hair and the big smile on her face. 'Vanessa?!' they exclaimed. The girl ran towards them. 'It's so good to see all of you again', she said, while opening her arms to hug Zay. 'Wait, who is this Vanessa girl?' Josh said. Everyone turned to Zay. 'Y'all wanna hear a great story?' he said hesitantly.

'When I told you guys that it was my aunt's house, well, that wasn't the whole truth. And by that I mean it was a lie. It's actually property of Vanessa's parents...'

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you liked it :)

The picture above is the mansion.

Love,