Girl Meets Fall

Everyone went to bed earlier than expected. Maya knew Riley didn't want to be in the same room as her and decided to sleep on the couch in the living room. She tossed and turned, but just couldn't fall asleep. Before she knew it, the sun was rising again. It was six o'clock in the morning and the others wouldn't get up anytime soon. She sat up and felt a wave of tiredness surging through her body and mind. She yawned. What was she going to do now? Maya thought of going for a short walk. Her wounds from the incident had healed quite well. The problem was, she had no proper clothes to wear. She was still in her bikini from last night, a towel around her waist. Her clothes were in her and Riley's room and she couldn't go there. It was pretty early, so she could probably take the chance and walk in her bikini. The towel could serve as a skirt. She stood up and poured herself a glass of water and took a swig. Memories of last night haunted her. Breaking away from the kiss and not seeing Josh's face, but Lucas'. The look in Riley's eyes when she saw her best friend kissing her crush. I am a terrible person, Maya thought. She splashed the rest of her drink in her face in the hope of feeling more awake. It didn't work. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and walked to the door that led to the garden. She felt the warmth of the sun. She walked in a slow pace, taking her time to look around. For some reason, everything seemed different. The sky looked less blue, the bushes less green and the world less colorful and happy. How could her life have gone from 'best thing ever' to 'awful'. She sighed loudly from the warmth and the sad feelings inside of her. She thought she heard footsteps behind her and turned around. She saw nothing. Feeling a little bit uneasy, she walked on. What was she thinking about again? Oh yeah. Her ''great'' life. 'Maya!' She picked up her pace, recognizing the voice. Her heart sank at the memory of the sound. 'Maya, wait!' She heard the footsteps approaching her. Without knowing it, she had started running. Faster and faster. Just to get away from him. She didn't look back, because she didn't want to see his face. 'Maya, please, just wait!' the voice pleaded. Maya's cheeks were red from the effort, but she kept carrying on. She didn't notice a loose rock on the road and tripped over it. She fell down, her body hitting the ground hard. 'Ouch!' she screamed. Her leg had been healing well so far, but that didn't mean it didn't still hurt. The almost-healed wounds were open again, blood dripping down her leg. She bit her lip, trying to keep herself from screaming in agony. 'Maya! What happened?' Josh, who had been following her, knelt down beside her. 'Go away.' 'What happened?' Josh repeated, adding more power to his voice. 'I tripped and fell. Now, can you please just... leave me alone?' Tears stung in her eyes, but she didn't allow herself to cry. Not with Josh next to her. Not after what she'd done to him. 'You need help', Josh said. He took her hands, which were all filthy because of the dirt on the ground and the blood, in his and looked into her deep-blue eyes. 'I'm not leaving.'

They found a little river and washed the dirt and blood off off Maya's hands and legs. 'Why were you following me?' Maya asked Josh after a while. Her legs still hurt, but she felt better already. Maybe that was because of Josh's presence. 'Couldn't sleep', was all he said. Maya raised her eyebrows. 'Okay, fine. I wanted to make sure you didn't do anything stupid, say, like, walking away or something like that.' 'Why'd you think I'd do something stupid?' Josh shrugged. He obviously felt uncomfortable talking about it. 'Josh, about last night...' Josh held out his palm. 'You don't have to explain. It's fine.' 'No, I want to explain. You have to listen.' She explained everything and while she talked, he processed everything she said. 'And I'm so sorry', she said when she was finished. 'It's okay, Maya. I believe you.' Maya's eyes widened with surprise. 'You... you do?' 'Yes. What happened last night really sucks, but at least I now know it was an accident.' 'So... we're okay?' Josh nodded. Maya felt relieved. Josh helped her stand up and they walked back to the mansion together. She didn't know how much time had passed and honestly, she didn't even care. She was too busy dreading what she'd have to do next. She couldn't postpone it. Sooner or later she'd have to face Riley. And she didn't know what would happen then.

Hello everyone :) I couldn't finish this chapter yesterday, because I was too busy, but here it is anyway :) I hope you liked it! Thanks for reading and thank you to those who voted on previous chapters.

Love,