Girl Meets Ocean

The next day, everyone felt like going to the beach. Everyone longed for the ocean, especially since last time was just a short visit because of Zay's fight. After a quick breakfast, they changed into their swimsuits and took off. Even though it was kind of early, the air was warm and they ran to the ocean as soon as they reached the beach. 'Pffft... soooo hot', Maya sighed. She and Riley were performing a weird kind of dance as they ran to the water. They were trying to avoid contact with the ground, since the sand felt like it was as warm as the sun. It didn't really work of course. 'Ouch, ouch, ouch!' Talk about a foot massage! The cold ocean water felt like a soft blanket. 'That's amazing', Riley said as she jumped into the water. Maya agreed with her best friend. 'Too amazing for words. I could live in this moment forever.' 'Oh, I don't know. I think there are a few other moments you would want to last forever', Riley said and she winked. Maya tried to look annoyed, but she did enjoy thinking about the kiss she'd shared with Josh. And she had been thinking about it a lot. Even though she loved spending time with Riley and her other friends, she couldn't help but long for a little alone time with him. Maybe later. For now, she was pretty occupied. She had to push him out of her thoughts and concentrate on- 'Ouch, Riley!' she exclaimed as a volleyball hit her on her head. 'Sorry!' she heard her friend call. Farkle, Vanessa and Lucas were snickering. 'Very funny', she said. She threw the ball as hard as she could at Lucas. Unfortunately for her, he caught it. 'Not gonna work, Clutterbucket!' Lucas said. Maya took a deep breath and dove underwater. Lucas took it as a sign of defeat and cheerfully gave Zay a high-five. Maybe he's the one who should focus a little more, Maya thought as she swam towards him. When she finally reached Lucas, she came up for air, but not before she kicked his leg. 'God, Maya, that hurts!' 'You shouldn't have laughed!' 'Everyone was laughing for god's sake!' Maya shrugged. She didn't think she hit him that hard. Or had she? Didn't look like it. He was swimming towards the volleyball. They played for a while until everyone got tired and decided to return to shore. 'Josh?' Maya asked. It took all of her courage, but she had done it. Yes, she knew he liked her, but that didn't mean she wasn't nervous around him. 'Yes?' he asked a little bit surprised. 'Do you want to go for a walk or something?' A smile slowly spread on Josh's face. 'I'd love to.' Maya returned his smile. She grabbed a towel and put it around her waist like a skirt. They walked alongside the ocean, while the others preferred laying down and sun bathing a little bit.

Riley and Lucas were lying next to each other. They didn't really say anything, but it wasn't an awkward silence. Riley liked knowing he was right next to her. After a while, she felt his hand against hers. She turned on her side, facing him. 'Hey', he said. 'Hi', Riley said with a little smile. 'The waves are getting pretty big. Feel like going back into the water?' he said, already knowing the answer. Riley nodded and they stood up. They ran to the ocean, a wave crashing into them. They were pulled under. When they found the surface again, they looked at each other and started laughing. Another wave hit them, pushing them over once more. 'Ew!' Riley exclaimed as she tasted the salt water in her mouth. She spit it out and then started laughing again. Lucas swam toward her and lifted her up. 'Nooo', she said, knowing what he was about to do next. She tried to wriggle out of his arms, but it didn't work. As soon as the next wave arrived, he tossed her into the water. 'Now it's war!' she announced.

In the meanwhile, Josh and Maya had walked for almost a mile. The others were out of sight. 'So, um...' Maya didn't know what to say. 'It's a lovely day', Josh said. Maya nodded. 'I know something that would make it even better', he said. 'Oh yeah? And what would that be?' Maya asked teasingly. Josh pulled her towards him. She stood on the top of her toes to get a little bit closer to him. After a few seconds, their lips met. It was even better than their first kiss. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach and she could almost hear the fireworks exploding between them. Riley had been right. She wished these moments could indeed last forever. Unfortunately it didn't. But what followed was even better. Josh put his arm around her shoulder and they continued walking. It wasn't as intimate as the kiss, but still, it was the best feeling she'd had in a while.

Hello :) Still not as long of a chapter as I wished it would be. I hope you liked it anyway :) Thanks so much for reading and thank you to those who voted on the previous chapters! The final chapters aren't here yet, but they are coming closer and I have to say, I have a big surprise planned! Have a nice week everyone :)

Love,