Girl Meets Fight

They woke up early the next day. Riley thought it would be nice to spend a day on the beach. Nobody really wanted to go for a long walk after their previous experience. 'How are you feeling?' she asked Maya. 'Better', was the response. 'Good.' Riley helped her friend out of bed. Maya was still a bit shaky, but managed to walk to the bathroom on her own. She closed the door behind her. After brushing her combing her hair and putting on a new pair of clothes, which required some effort, she was ready for breakfast. Even though she had a hard time walking down the stairs, she arrived in the living room after a few minutes. The others were already there. 'Good morning', Lucas said. 'Same to you, Ranger Rick', she said with a playful smile. 'When are you finally going to stop calling me that? Or Ranger Roy or Bucky McBoingBoing...' 'When are you going to have wings and learn to fly?' Maya asked. 'Never', he answered. 'Exactly. That's my answer, right there.' Lucas let out a sigh. 'Well, I'm glad you feel good enough to make fun of me.' Josh pulled out a chair for Maya and she sat down. 'Thanks', she said. She felt herself blushing. 'So, what are today's plans?' Farkle asked. Riley stood up. 'I'm glad you ask', Riley said, smiling. 'Seeing recent events, I think it's better to not go out for another adventure, but simply enjoy a nice day by the ocean together.' Everyone seemed to agree. 'Sounds good', Josh said. Vanessa nodded in approval. 'Yeah, I could use a tan.' The other two girls looked at her. 'Oh please', Maya said, 'I'd do anything to have even a little bit of your color.' Vanessa shrugged. 'I think it's a great idea, Riley', Lucas said. Riley gave him a smile. 'Thank you. I'm glad you think so.' They ate and then prepared lunch to take with them to the beach. After that, Riley went to her and Maya's room to text her parents.

''Dear Mum and Dad and Auggie, of course.
Everything's okay, so don't worry.
We really like Hawaii and are off to the beach.
I miss you and hope to hear back from you soon.
Please say hi to Auggie from me and tell him I miss him.
Love,

Riley♥''

She pressed the 'Sending' button and then placed her phone in her bag. She also put a few other things in there: a bottle of water, a pair of sunglasses and a book. She was currently reading The fault in our stars, a book that she was already in love with. She had put on her brand-new bikini and a dress. When she was ready to go, she joined Maya and they went downstairs together. They had to wait for Zay, because he couldn't find his swimwear. 'Oh come on, Zay!' Vanessa called. 'We want to go.' After a few minutes, he had arrived and the group could finally leave.

It was a nice day. The sky was this deep shade of blue and there were no clouds to be seen. The sea was a mix of all kinds of blue and green. And it was clear as crystal. 'Wow...' Maya, Riley and Farkle said in unison. 'I could definitely get used to this', Maya said. They soon found a spot to put their bags and sat down. The boys decided to go swim, while the girls wanted to enjoy the sun and stayed on the warm sand. Maya couldn't go for a dip in the ocean because of her injuries. The girls made some small talk, until something caught their attention. They saw two guys fighting. Riley and Vanessa placed a hand above their eyes, so that they could get a good look without being bothered by the sun. 'That boy on the left looks like... Zay! Oh my God, it's Zay!' Vanessa exclaimed. She stood up, brushed sand of her legs and started running toward him. 'I'm going after her', Riley said to Maya. 'You stay here. I don't want you to get harmed or anything.' She took off as well. The other - unfamiliar - boy pushed Zay. 'What's going on?' Vanessa asked. Nobody said anything. The boy looked angrily at Zay. 'I demand an answer!' Vanessa shouted. 'Now!' Zay stepped back and then said: 'I accidentally splashed his belongings when I went in the water. And I think he isn't happy about it.' 'It wasn't an accident! You purposely did it in an attempt to start a fight. And now you can have one!' the boy said. 'Calm down', Riley said. She stood in between the two boys. 'It was just a misunderstanding, please. Zay's sorry and he will apologize.' 'I will not!' Zay exclaimed. 'I didn't do it on purpose!' That made the other boy even angrier. 'Now step aside, little girl. This is a boy matter.' He shoved Riley away. 'Hey, leave her alone!' Zay and Lucas both said. 'I'm sorry, Riley, but I have to do this', Lucas said, regretting what he was about to do. 'No. You're not going to turn into Texas Lucas, are you?' she said, a little bit scared. Lucas didn't answer. 'Lucas! You can't do that. Zay has to take care of his own problems. Otherwise he'll never learn!' 'Riley, if anyone knows the importance of helping your friends, it's you. You'd do anything for your friends. Let me do the same.' Riley gave him a small nod, even though she didn't like the idea of him being Texas Lucas again. Lucas clenched his fist and stepped towards the guy. 'My friend may have made a mistake, but don't you dare harm or threaten him again.' He took the collar of the boy's sweater in his right hand. 'You leave my friends alone or else I won't be as nice as I am right now. I may not look very dangerous, but believe me, you don't want to see me mad. Understood?' Riley was shocked to see him this way, but she didn't know what had happened before - she could only guess by the blood that was dripping out of Zay's nose. The boy growled and then turned his back on the group. 'Zay, don't ever put me in a situation like this again, okay?' Lucas said to his friend, who gave him a small nod. Vanessa wiped the blood off of Zay's nose with an extra shirt that she carried with her in her bag. 'Thanks', he said. 'You're welcome. And I agree with Lucas. Stay out of trouble.' 'This really wasn't my fault', Zay protested. 'Are you kidding me?' Vanessa said, her voice not as gentle anymore. It was clear that she was starting to get annoyed. 'No. I might have done something wrong, but it wasn't on purpose. His stuff will dry up and I shouldn't have to apologize to him for something as silly as that.' 'Ugh', Vanessa said, 'you're impossible.' She stormed away, leaving an astonished Zay behind. 'What did I do wrong?' he wondered, oblivious to the mess he'd just made. Riley, Lucas, Farkle and Josh also left, leaving Zay all by himself. He sighed. 'Stay out of trouble, they said. I will try.'

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you liked this chapter :) It's based on the GMW episode with Zay's first appearance. Thank you all who voted on the previous chapters!

Love,