Girl Meets Mistake

The girls returned to the others after a few more minutes of giggling and talking. 'Lucas', Riley said to her crush, who was sitting next to Josh, 'switch places with Maya.' 'Um, Riles, no, it's fine', Maya said. Had she made a mistake telling Riley about what happened? She hoped she hadn't. Lucas didn't know what he was supposed to do, so he rose from the chair, but didn't walk over to Maya's. 'Switch', Riley said firmly, while Maya said: 'Sit down, Huckleberry!' 'Well, what am I supposed to do, then?' He sat down. Riley groaned. 'Good boy', Maya told him, like she was talking to a dog. 'I'm not a pet, Maya.' She sat down as well. 'Nope. I agree. You're a Huckleberry.' Josh laughed. 'Are you two always like this?' 'Yup', Lucas said. 'Every. Single. Day. Of my life.' After that, the food came.

'Mmmm. That was delicious', Riley said as she rubbed her stomach. 'Delicious doesn't begin to cover it', Josh said. 'It actually does', Farkle said. 'You see-' 'No science-talk', Maya warned him. 'Well, Maya, what would you like to talk about?' Farkle said. Maya shifted in her seat. 'I... I don't know what you mean.' Farkle shrugged. 'I didn't mean anything.' 'So... who's ready for dessert?' Lucas said in an attempt to break the building tension. He didn't know what was going on, but he'd rather be in a happy and cozy atmosphere. 'Me!' Riley exclaimed excited. 'I'll go get us something', Lucas said. Riley quickly stood up. 'I'll come with you', she said. The moment there was enough distance between them and the group, Lucas asked her: 'Do you know what's going on?' 'Um, no, not really', Riley lied. She hated doing that, but she had to do it for her best friend. Lucas sighed. 'I get this strange kind of vibe. We're such a close group, but now I don't know what's happening.' Riley put her hand on his shoulder. 'It's probably nothing', she said reassuringly. Lucas nodded. 'You're probably right.' Riley gave him a sweet smile. 'Do you want to go pick out some desserts?' Lucas asked, even though he already knew the answer. He just liked to see that goofy smile of hers. She nodded and took his hand. They ended up ordering three brownies with vanilla ice cream, two pieces of blueberry pie and two pieces of apple pie. Maya, Vanessa and Josh took the brownies, Lucas and and Zay claimed the blueberry pie and Riley and Farkle took the apple pie. They ate the desserts and after paying for their food, they decided to go back to the mansion.

'You know what we could do?' Riley said. Everyone looked at her. 'We could have a pool party.' 'At night?' Maya asked. 'Yes, why not? The pool is heated, so we won't get cold. And there's enough light in the garden. 'I don't know', Zay said. 'Maybe we should wait until tomorrow morning.' 'Please', Riley begged. 'We could play volleyball in the water!' 'Fine', Maya said, not really happy with her friend's plan. 'Yay!' Riley exclaimed. She started running up the road, so she could get home faster. 'Come on. Hurry!'

When they arrived at the mansion, everyone went to their rooms to get changed. Even though nobody was looking forward to Riley's ''pool party'' at first, her enthusiasm was contagious. Soon everybody was in the water and they were laughing. They didn't worry about making too much noise, because the people who lived in the houses near the beach were too far away to hear anything. They had lots of fun, until... They looked up to the lamppost in the garden. It flickered. 'What's going on?' After a few more seconds, everything went dark. 'Oh my God!' Riley shouted. The light in the mansion was out, so they couldn't see a thing. 'Maya, is that you?' she asked as she touched someone's arm. 'No, it's Vanessa.' Maya was on the other end of the pool. She tried not to be afraid, but it was kind of scary. She swam a little bit until she felt somebody's arm against hers. Josh, she thought and sighed of relief. She held onto him closely. The light was still off. 'How long until the lights go back on?' she heard Zay ask. 'Probably not long', Vanessa answered. 'I sure hope so.' Maya hold on a little more tight to Josh. Maybe the darkness would actually be useful. She couldn't see where his face was, but leaned towards him anyway. She pressed her lips against his. At that exact moment, the lights went back on and she recoiled. Maya looked into Josh's eyes, only to find that they weren't his. Instead, she looked into Lucas's. She turned around and saw the real Josh with hurt written all over his face. The truth of what had happened hit her. She saw Riley climb out of the pool. What she could see on her friend's face wasn't even anger... It was way worse. Pure hurt and sadness. 'Riley, wait!' she called after her. Riley didn't look back. Josh left the pool as well. 'Why did you do that?' Lucas asked her angrily. 'I- I didn't mean to. I-' A tear rolled down her cheek. Without giving her a second glance, Lucas swam away from her. Zay and Vanessa decided it was best to leave as well. Maya was all alone now. She couldn't believe it. She really thought it was Josh. Tears were now streaming down her face. She finally had gotten a chance with Josh and she blew it. And even worse was what she'd done to Riley. 'What have I done?'

Hello :)  This is the new chapter of Girl Meets Hawaii. I hope you all liked it, even though it wasn't the most Girl Meets Happiness kind of chapter. Thank you all so much for your support. I hope you'll join the seven of them on their next journey in which they hopefully solve the problem(or not, you'll have to wait and see).

Love,