Doubt in Even The Strongest People

Sorry, I'm being really lazy, but I don't feel like writing the rest of the 3rd book. I think it's time to head into the 4th book.

It's been a few weeks since Wade died... and the boat sunk. I really liked that boat, but I had to suck it in. I'm at some sort of Asian hotel that I've never seen on the Elgen grid. Someone knocked on my room door.
"Who is it?" I asked, closing my book. I knew what it was about before I read it, but I've never actually gotten the luxury to enjoy the story. I always just knew what happened and everything about the plot and all that stupid school stuff.
"Ms. Hatch, it's time for the reception." A man said. I could see him shuddering from saying that name. I think he was scared of me. He was serious enough to hide it, but I'm still not sure if he was or not. I politely nodded back at him, telling him to leave. He closed the door softly behind him. I looked in the mirror in my room and took a deep breath.

Before I left, I knew someone was going to try and snoop around in the room, so for precautions, I created a Raptor eagle. The Raptor eagle was one of the strongest of the eagle species. I named him Set. Set was an ancient Egyptian god who tricked his brother,  Osiris and ended up killing him. I created another Raptor eagle. I named this one Ra. Ra was the Egyptian bird god. When I was studying mythology back at the academy, my favorite Egyptian gods were Ra and Set. I used to play this old game called, Age of Mythology I legit love that game IRL btw. That's what got me so interested in mythology and all of the ancient creatures. I even practiced making them, but my dad said to not create any fire animals because I was only 7 at that time.

I put Ra in a bird cage that I created. I let Set fly on my shoulder.

As I was walking down the hallway to the reception, I saw Tanner.
"Tanner? What are you doing here?" He looked at me in fear.
"Lynn? What are you doing here?" He asked.

After a while of catching up, we started walking down, again, to the reception. Michael and the others were all bonding. I decided to play with Set during that time. 

After the boring reception, I decided to take a walk. It wasn't like I had anything better to do. It was weird. I normally have someone to threaten or be mad at, but right now, I'm just calm. I don't get it. Why are we just relaxing? We should be doing something productive. I started walking back to my room. The grass was getting itchy anyways.

As I walked down the hallways, looking at the door numbers to see where mine was, I heard people talking. It was Michael and his friend.
"Right about what?"
"About making an electric species."
"Why would he be right?"
"Everything evolves. That's how nature survives. What if an electric species is the natural evolution of humans?"
"There's nothing natural about what Hatch is doing."
"But wouldn't the world be a better place if we didn't have to worry about electricity anymore?"
"Better for whom? The humans the Elgen kill or the ones they enslave?"
"You're right."
"It's not electric power I'm worried about. Hatch doesn't care about the world or clean energy or a better species. He uses those to manipulate people into doing what he wants them to do. Just think how much oil those boats of his need. He probably uses more oil than most people use in three or four lifetimes."
"You're right, it's subterfuge."
"Exactly, good night."
"Night," There was a pause.
"Michael."
"Yeah?"
"You won't tell anyone I said that, will you?"
"No."
"Okay. Good night."
"Good night," The conversation stopped.