Riot

Was I really doing this? Rebelling against my dad? I wanted adventure, but was this the answer? "Do you know where my mother is?" Michael asked me.
"I think.. I normally don't pay attention to that kind of stuff." I said. "What do you pay attention to then?"
"I don't know, I just tag along and do whatever I want."
"Has Hatch ever asked you to do anything to prove your loyalty?"
"No."
"I wish that was me." Taylor mumbled.
"Why not? He's done it to so many people." Before I could even think of my response, guards interupted my thoughts. I decided to pretend Hatch wasn't my dad, I don't feel like telling them until I know I can trust them. It's bad enough that Taylor already knows.
The guards lowered their guns. Michael smiled. He didn't know what I do yet so he just said, "Zeus."
"No problem." Zeus said. Electricity arced from Zeus to all three guards. They dropped to the floor.
"Good job," Michael said.
"Let's tie them up." They cuffed the 2 guards hands behind their backs. One of the guards jumped up, lifted Michael above his head, then he screamed and dropped Michael on top of him. "You ok?" Ostin asked.
"Yeah." He said, climbing off the guard. He locked the guard in cuffs.
"We've got to figure out how to get everyone out of here," Michael said.
"Let's start with Ian and the girls, then we'll get Jack and Wade."
"What about Nichelle?" Taylor asked. "Ostin, you're the only one she can't affect." Ostin patted his weapons belt.
"I'll take care of her." They didn't know that I couldn't be affected either, but I didn't want to say anything or I would have to attack Nichelle, my best friend since she was found.
"Zeus, while Ostin and I free Ian and the girls, you and Taylor go to the end of the hallway and make sure no one sneaks up on us."
"What about the cameras in the hall?" Taylor asked.
"We've got to take them out." Michael said.
"Lynn and I can do it." Zeus said.
"When I was eight I was fooling around and blew one out. Hatch grounded me for an entire week. Lynn was practicing her powers. They tested if she could destroy things that normally can't be destroyed. She got rid of everything." Zeus explained. "The only reason she won't drown or fry this place down because we're in it... I think." Zeus said unsure.
"Well, start with that one." Michael said, pointing to the camera right outside our door. Zeus reached up and electricity jumped from his fingers to the camera. It didn't hit the camera because I immediatly used Nichelle's power and drained the electricity bolt and it went into me, making me stronger without it even touching me.
"Hey! What was that for?" Zeus said to me.
"Let me show you how it's done." I pointed at the camera, without touching it or even being close to me, I melted it. The camera fell to the floor in a matter of seconds.
"Woah." Ostin said.
"McKenna should be able to do it, but she's not strong enough yet. I master all of the powers I replicate." I explained.
"Show off." Zeus laughed.

We continued down the hall. We blew 3 more cameras. Taylor cautiously crept to the end of the hallway. She peered around the corner.
"It's clear," she said. Michael pounded on the cell door.
"Ian. Can you hear me?" We heard a faint punding back.
"He sees us."
"How are we going to open it?" Taylor asked.
"Zeus, can you concentrate your electricity to cut through?"
"No. That's Brian's gig." Zeus said.
"But Lynn replicated everyone she meet's powers. Even their talents. That's how she beats Quentin at chess and famous people at singing." Zeus laughed. I slightly lifted my index finger with no hesitation at all and the door melted down. Their eyes widened.
"You did that?"
"You didn't even lift a muscle!" Ostin said impressed.
"I'm glad she's on our side." Michael said. I smiled. We cautiously stepped over the melted door. I could've just walked over it but it would've melted my shoes. Mckenna could've done it too since that's her original power. The only reason she didn't melt the door herself was because it drains her energy and she needs to be extremely hydrated. She's also not powerful enough. They hugged eachother and said a few things. I just stood near the door. Mckenna, Abigail, and Ian looked over at me.
"You." Ian said. He looked like he wanted to strangle me. Not that he could.
"Don't worry, she's on our side." Michael said, backing me up.
"How do we know that for sure?" Ian said. Then a loud shreak and red light filled the hallway. It was the alarm. Everyone covered their ears but me, using the water to block out some sound. I used Zeus's power and shot the alarm. 
"Much better." I said.
"Does that prove it?" Michael asked. Ian paused.
"I'm still keeping my eye on her."
"Atleast she's not as mean as Nichelle." Taylor said. Ian sighed.
"That's true."