Aww Rats

"Hey dad!" I yelled in his office. Nobody was there. "Huh, he must know about it already." I said. "So, what now?" Bryan asked. I shrugged. "Just continue with the board game." I said. Everyone was confused but they walked away. "Aren't you coming Lynn?" Tara asked. "I'll be with you in a sec. I just have to do something.. On my computer." I said. "Oh, ok. Meet you there." She said, joining the others. That wasn't exactly what I was doing. I was actually going to teleport into the car the ElectroDorks were in and become as clear as water. But I actually did need to save my game that was on the computer and Xbox and.. Well every device you could possibly think of.

I finally got to where Michael and the others were. I was right, they were trying to get his mother. I had a feeling they were going to do something but I didn't know what. I decided to mind my own business. Something was bound to happen anyways.

*A few hours later*

After we played a few board games we heard an alarm go off. "What the heck?" I shouted over the sirens. Everyone was covering their ears. "Vey." I mumbled. I turned into water, and like a snake, I sped down the halls to the bowl. Vey and his friends were talking about sprinklers as my dad was taunting them. Then Zeus jumped into the pile of rats and shot up the place. Water attacked the rats but it did the same to him. It burnt him to a crisp but he was still alive. Then Jack jumped in and saved him. I zipped past all of the dead rats and went right next to Michael. Still invisible, I followed them into the mechanic room. They were yammering about escape for a long time. They were able to get to a pipe where the guards escape off into the jungle to see their lovers. Most of them were caught by me though.

After a few "I'll meet up with you later"s, the guards I sent to find them finally arrived. They put him into a white chair and tied him up. Tara started pretending that she was Taylor. We almost fooled him. Almost. The problem was that Taylor already told Michael about Tara. Since he denied my father's offer about 3 times, we put a RESAT box on his chest. He was in the same cell block where my dad put Tanner after going wacko. They were showing him the rat bowl and the feeding for about 10 minutes until I got bored and went back to the room.

I went back to the others right after that. I had nothing to do in my room. My dad called all of us to taunt Vey the next morning.

I walked into the re-education room along with Tara, Bryan, Quentin, and Torstyn. Tara walked in first. Then the rest of us followed. "Oh Michael, you're so cute. I'm so in love with you." Tara laughed. "So you're all kissy with my pathetic sister?" Bryan shook his head. "What an idiot."
Quentin walked up to Michael's side with a confident grin. "You're getting what you deserve." He turned away from them. Torstyn turned his head back. "I didn't say you could look away from us. You want me to fry you, lover boy?" Then Michael made the most idiotic mistake in history. "Try" He said. We looked at Torstyn. Would he? He just stared at Vey. "You know I would if Hatch let me." He said. "Your master won't let you?" He taunted. "Maybe he'll let you lick his shoes" Michael said. Torstyn scowled. I knew what he was doing. "Watch your mouth or I'm gonna mess you up man." "Real tough threatening me when I'm locked up. Let me out and you can show everyone how touch you really are." Torstyn looked stumped. It was either his ego or his loyalty. "Don't worry about it, Torstyn," Quentin said. "The rats will take care of him." Quentin said, trying to calm him down. "That's your name? Torstyn? They named you after a wrench?" Vey taunted. After a while, Torstyn said, "You're stupid." "That's your superpower? Your great vocabulary?" Vey said. Torstyn blushed. Quentin started intervening. "Hey, Vey, you're going to love this. We just talked to the dudes at the chute. They said they can slow the conveyor belt, so we can prolong the fun. The rats can earth you a couple inches at a time." "Awesome," Bryan said. "Wouldn't it be cool if Dr. Hatch, like, made a game of it and let him run across the bowl? They could make it a contest. If he gets to the other side and back, he can go free. It would be like dropping a crass hopper on an anthill. We could, like, make bets on how far he gets." "Hey, Bryan, wouldn't it be cool if you had a brain?" Vey said. "Did you know these guys all think you're an idiot? Zeus told me all about it." Bryan looked back and forth between us. "No, they don't. They're my boys." "Really? Is that why Quentin put dog poop in your bed." Bryan looked over at Quentin. "You did that?" Quentin shoved him. "He's just messing with your head, man." "Yeah, he did it. Zeus watched him. Bryan glared at Q. "I didn't do it. That was Tanner." Quentin said. "Tanner was in England." Bryan said. "I told you." Vey said. "They're always making fun of you behind your back." Vey continued. Bryan stormed out of the ell. he turned to Torstyn. "C'mon, touch guy, let me out. Let's see how touch you are." For a moment, he looked like he might actually do it. "He's messing with you, too," Tara said. "Wait." I said. They all looked at me. I used Tara's powers. "Hey Torstyn, he doesn't know if he even stands a chance against you." I laughed. "How do you know this?" Torstyn asked. "I used Tara's sister's powers." I smirked. "I think we're done here." I said, starting to walk out. "Yeah, enough of this loser." Tara said. "You know your sister is so much cooler than you are," Vey said. "In Meridian, she has like a million friends. I guess beauty really is more than skin deep." "So are rats," Tara said. "That doesn't even make sense," Vey said. "We thought watching the bulls get eaten was sick. You getting eaten is going to be epic." Quentin said. "Enjoy it. Your turn's coming soon. Someday Hatch will be feeding you to something," He said. "That shows how little you know," Quentin said. "Dr. Hatch is like a father to us, and an actual father to Lynn. He'd never hurt one of us." "Yeah, Tanner thought that too," he said. Vey's reply stumped him. "Tanner was a screwup." Tara said. "Then you better hope you don't screw up," He said. "Because, father or not, Hatch is afraid of you. Do you know why he's executing me? He told me he's afraid that if he doesn't, one of you will someday take him down." Then a beeper went off on Vey's RESAT. "I guess someone doesn't want me telling the truth." Vey said through clenched teeth. A guard walked into the room. "It's time to leave," he said. "The prisoner is getting agitated." He said. "Hatch is getting agitated." He said. The guard quickly brought us out. Before he did, Tara made one last comment, "Enjoy the bowl." "You too." Vey swiftly replied. I went to my room. As soon as I saw the guards leave, I teleported back into Vey's cell. He looked up. "Lynn! Quick, help me get out of this." He said. "You know there's cameras everywhere." "Exactly, if your dad sees you here, you'd be in big trouble." Vey said. He had a point. "Why are you in here?" He asked. "I saw that your mom was outside. Don't worry. She's safe." I said. He smiled. I sighed. "Look, I'll try to help you out. I'll be invisible on your way down and try to prevent the rats from touching you." I said. "Thanks." "Don't mention it."

I did what I said. I teleported right next to him. Technically floating since, well, almost every atom has touched the water or touched an atom that touched water and etc. There was a high pitched squeal. As we were in the bowl, there was more electricity in me. The rats were twitching and on the other side of the bowl. Michael made a huge electric ball and aimed at Torstyn. I couldn't hear what he was saying because it was so loud. The rats burst into flames. Then the power went out. Everything was still. I could hear Michael's thoughts. He was talking to Taylor. I didn't get a whole understanding on what they were talking about, but it was about escaping. He climbed out of a sloping metal bowl and I followed behind him. We dropped about twelve feet. Michael started limping. I stopped being invisible. "Michael, you okay?" I asked. "My ankle," He groaned. There were Elgen boots running down the maze. He limped down the hall until we found a vent cover. He climbed in. His glow was a lot brighter than before. There was a guard down the pipe as well and he pulsed. He caught up to the unconscious guard just a hundred feet from the pipe's entrance. There were flame throwers when we got out. Was it worth helping him? Yes it was. Freedom. Freedom from a boring, non-adventurous life. A few animals ran past us. I turned invisible. "You can't escape, Vey. We have you surrounded. If you run, we'll open fire. You have five seconds to step out from the canopy or we'll burn you alive." He said nothing. I was confused. Why would they want him to stay alive? Dad still wants him? "One. Two..." "Okay!" He shouted. "I'm coming out." He limped out into the black shelter. There were four helicopters over him. I came two but they couldn't see me. One of the helicopters burst into flames. It was Tanner. Wherever he was. We ran away for a while and then a dart struck Michael's neck. There were weird camouflaged natives.

They took us to their base. I didn't know what was going on. All I could do was wait. After a few hours, Michael was a lot better. He was talking to a native that spoke English. He looked like the chief. The  last thing I heard was, "Michael Vey. That is not your path. You are not going home."