Sunset

It's been a few days of remodelling for the Elgen company. We got rid of a few... all of the previous owner's personal things. The only things we kept were things that would actually be... well, not stupid. Right now I'm supposed to be meeting Quentin at the docks. He said it was about something really important.

I walked down to the docks. I was greeted with the smell of salt water and an ocean breeze. I looked at my surroundings, trying to find out where Quentin was when two hands covered my eyes.
"Guess who?" Someone asked.
"A sea urchin," I joked.
"You're no fun," He laughed.
"Then why are you smiling?"
Quentin shrugged, "Fair enough."

We started walking down a boardwalk, looking at the colorful sunset reflecting the sparkling waves of the Ocean.
"So, you never told me what's this important thing you wanted to show me?" I asked, breaking the silence.
"This," He gave me a slip of paper.

  "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
—Franklin P. Jones  

I looked up at him quizzically.
"What's thi-" I was immediately cut off by his lips. This time, it wasn't just a measly peck on the lips like most first kisses are. Real ones anyways, not those stupid shows with all loosey goosey romances. When we parted, the first thing I saw was the ocean reflecting in his eyes. I had no words. He smirked at my gaze. He put my hand in his. It was warm. It felt like an eternity since either of us had said anything.
"You know, I sent an angel to look after you while you slept. She came back about 2 minutes later. At first, I was confused, but that's when she told me that angels don't watch over angels." Quentin said. I almost snorted trying to keep in my laugh.
"Wow, that was... so cheesy." I smiled.
"Heh, I try my best." I felt a blush crawl up onto my cheeks.
After a moment of silence, other than the seagulls, I asked, "What do you think Vey is up to?"
"Hmm," Was all he said.
I looked at the sky that was pitch black already and said, "I think we should start heading back now." I suggested.
"Yeah, okay," He said.