i hate u, i love u

Micah's pov

I smiled nervously as I clutched the violet Asters in my hand. I knocked on her door, and she opened it completely surprised to see me. She starred at me for a second before speaking.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I bought you these." I handed her the flowers, inviting myself into her dorm.

"What are you doing here?" She repeated.

"I made a mistake, and I'm trying to fix it." I told her. She titled her head to the side looking at me confused.

"No. You were right. I like us where we are right now. I don't know what Ciara did, but you should go back to her. I see the way you looked at her. You love her no matter how hard it kills me to say that." Reagan told me. I looked at her in silence for a second.

"Who is he?" I asked.

"Micah. Don't blame this on someone else. You can't start missing me when I'm done missing you. Yeah I am in a relationship right now, but he's not the reason I'm not taking you back." She said.

"I miss you. That's why I'm here, not because of anything to do with her."

"For these last couple of months I been watching you watch her like she's the only girl you've ever seen. You were killing me slowly and it didn't seem like you gave a damn." She said.

"I tried so hard to convince myself that she was the one. I really don't want to, but I can't put nobody else above you." I admitted.

"Micah. Please." She closed her eyes, shaking her head.

"Rea," I paused, "I understand. Just know you can call me if you need someone to talk to. I'm here for you." I handed her the flowers and walked out.

----

That night

My phone buzzed on the table. I smiled looking at her name for a second before answering.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Micah I fucking hate you." She mumbled.

"Love me so much you hate me?" I asked.

"You're my fucking weakness, and you know it. Why do you insist on fucking with my head?" She asked.

"I'm not fucking with your head Rae. I really want you." I said.

"Is it just because she dumped you?" Rae asked.

"She didn't exactly dump me." I said.

"You broke up with her?" Reagan asked.

"Not quite."

She hung up. I sighed dialing her number back, but I knew it was in vain. She forwarded me three times. I smiled anyways. I had gotten my foot in the door, and that's all a nigga really needed.