Acquainted

McKenna pov

We walked through the park by my house just talking, and laughing. It felt nice to be out and relax for a while. I smiled down at me for a while. He grabbed my hand.

"I could look at you all day. You're so damn beautiful." He mumbled. I looked down avoiding his eyes. He used his index finger to gently lift my head up, to stare into his dark brown eyes.

I felt like he could see right through me.

I felt like he was telling me exactly what he thought I wanted to hear.

Men always have the words to comfort my mind but not the vibes to comfort my soul.

Besides Dominic...

I smiled at the thought of him. I feel us becoming one whenever I'm around him. At least I used too.

I was taken by surprise when I felt Bryce's lips on mine.

He kissed me with so much passion, almost as if he was in love with me. He licked my lip, and I reluctantly let him in, letting our tongues get acquainted.

I realized that I didn't feel anything towards him. I think the feeling I got would be like kissing my brother.

I pulled away.

"Can you drop me off somewhere?" I asked. He nodded awkwardly.

We walked to his car, and I showed him the way to my house. He watched me walk in, and I waved for him to drive off.

----

I sat in the living room with my mom after helping put Cody and Milo to sleep. I sighed, and tears poured from my eyes on the spot.

She hugged me.

"I miss him mama." I sobbed. She stroked my hair.

"Why did you let him go?" She asked, wiping my face.

"He cheated mom." I said. She looked at me with a blank face.

"I'm sure that's not true honey, and even if it is, so what?" She asked.

"What do you mean so what? I'm not going to be a choice to him. It's me only or no me at all." I said.

"But you can make him a choice? First it was Dominic or Drew, then Dominic or Logan, Dominic or Miguel, then back to Dominic or Drew. You finally got a taste of your own medicine." She told me.

"Why are you stuck in the past?" I mumbled.

"I'm just saying, you can't just be mad at a man for being a man, especially when you put him through the same shit." She said. "Cody deserves a family. You two need to get your shit together." she said.

"Just because we have a child together doesn't mean I'm going to let him dog me out. I guess that the difference between the two of us." I shrugged.

The side of my face started to sting. I rubbed it. Did she just slap me?

"The difference between me and you is: I'm a mom that would do anything it took to make my children happy, biological or not." She stated as she walked out.

I sat there frozen and silent.

Have I always been this selfish?

Short but powerful.