Kum Ba Yah

A year & a half later

Mckenna's pov

"Happy Birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday McKenna!

Happy birthday to you!"

I smiled as they sang. I closed my eyes and blew out the candles only to have cake smashed into my face.

"Happy birthday best friend!" Reagan exclaimed hugging me. I laughed hugging her back.

I walked into the bathroom, making sure the cake hadn't done too much damage to my makeup.

Music blasted from outside the bathroom door. I pouted looking at the picture of me and Dominic. I miss him so much. He's two hours away at UGA, but it seems like he's light years away.

"McKenna!! Come out and dance with us." Reagan shouted on the other side of the door.

I opened the door, walking back into the party.

Body by Dreezy filled the air, and I danced to the beat, deciding to put off my feelings for another time.

---

I rubbed my eyes sitting up in my bed.

"I give up already." My roommate mumbled, sitting on her bed with her laptop.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Just looking up local strip clubs because I'm definitely about to drop out." She mumbled, typing away on her computer.

I laughed, getting up. I closed the laptop down for her.

"How about I fix you some breakfast, and you can take a little break." I offered. She nodded, took a deep breath, and followed me into the kitchen. 

"Why aren't you stressed. You have the same ten page essay due tomorrow that I do."

"Aria, stress is a state of mind and I refuse to put my mind in that state." I shrugged.

"Yeah. Let me know what Kum ba yah  circle you been participating in." Aria mumbled and I started starting cooking.

"Bitches tell me why Micah want me to cut his ass." Reagan said, walking into our dorm room. I continued what I was doing.

"What did he do?" Aria asked.

"I don't wanna talk about. I just want some food so I can finish this damn essay because my ass is barely passing this class right now." She said. I shook my head and laughed. It's crazy how one can be a top nerd in high school then damn near flunk out of college.

---

"Hey babe." I smiled at my phone, answering Dominic on FaceTime.

"What is my baby doing?" Dominic asked.

"Ion know about her, but my ass trying not to fail because I don't have a body to be stripping!" Reagan yelled.  Dominic laughed.

"I'm finishing page 8 out of 10 of my essay for my creative writing class." I answered.

"Do you need me to call you later?" He asked.

"No."

"Yes!" Aria and Reagan yelled.

"Yo ass over there on page 8 and I'm on page 5 trying to figure out why the Fuck I ever wanted to become a writer." Aria said. I laughed.

"I'll talk to you later." Dominic said. I pouted as he hung up.

I love you too...

I pulled my laptop closer to me, and continued typing away at.

I had so much to say about this topic.

If I could go back in time and change one day in my life, what would that be?  Why?

The day I left my son behind to come here.

Love Majors: Sequel to Nerdy LoveрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ