Romeo

McKenna's pov

I sat in Sprinkles with Courtney, Hailey, and Aria smiling and talking.

Out of nowhere, Courtney yelled, "Drew!" The rest of us looked up to see him smiling over us. Then he looked at me. He glanced down at my ring.

"He did it." Drew mumbled.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Yeah. He told me he was going to pop the question, I guess he wanted my approval or something. You came in before we could really talk." He told me. I nodded. Hailey cleared her throat beside me.

"Who is this fine gentleman?" She asked.

Courtney laughed, "This is Drew, her ex." Courtney said.

"Dominic lets you talk to your ex?" Hailey asked. I shrugged.

"He knows he has my heart fully locked down. No spare key." I said.

"I mean somebody can steal his key and make a spare he won't even see it coming." Aria said.

"What?"

"Anyways," I said. "Have a seat Drew since you're here."

"Why are you here?" Aria asked.

"I'm picking up for my roommate. It's a surprise for his girlfriend. He's proposing to her too. They're baking a ring into the cupcake, not really backing it in, but- Well, don't know...."

It was the first time I had seen Drew ramble. I didn't know what to think of it.

"You seem nervous." Courtney pointed out.

"The whole idea of weddings freak me out." He admitted.

"Why though?" Aria asked.

"Think about it. Your agreeing to spend the rest of your life with one person. Your whole life now revolves around them. What if they wake up one morning and decide they don't love you anymore?" He asked.

"That doesn't happen very often." I said.

"It happened to me with the only girl I ever liked enough to consider asking to be my girlfriend. I looked at Courtney because we both caught what he was throwing. 🌴👀

"All girls are different. There's a girl out there somewhere you'll see fit to call your wife." Hailey said.

Drew smiled and looked at me.

"Maybe." He shrugged.

Dominic's pov

I watched as Cody and Milo played with their toys. These folks really put my ass on baby duty.

"Dad." Cody said walking up to me. He handed me a small drunk and grabbed the big one.

"Race." He said.

I switched the cars.

"You the lil nigga, not me." I said.

"Race." He repeated.

I nodded, and started racing our cars. My phone buzzed on the table. I smiled picking it up. It was a message from MK.