Chapter 29.

"Will you pass me the remote?" ash says, and I groan. I pick up the remote and hand it to him. He's so lazy sometimes. We lay on the couch, the TV blasting and the keys of my laptop clicking. I have to work on some social media updates. Blogging, blogging, and more blogging. I also edit some new videos we've been working on.

Ashton runs his fingers though his curly mess of hair and takes a sip of his root beer. I adjust my glasses on my nose and flip my hair to the side, wanting it off my neck. I then get a text from Michael. I light up as soon as I see it.

Can I hang? -M

"Can Mikey hang?" I ask excitedly, and Ashton shrugs,

"sure, I don't see why not." He twists into a giggly smile and I clap. I reply to Michael and then go back to typing, happy. It gets boring here with Ash sometimes. (Lie. He's the most insane human you will ever meet) But I do get quite bored of him sometimes. Plus, Michael is fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikey lays on the ground staring at the TV and I sit curled in a blanket on the couch with my phone. Ashton is calling Ivy, and it sounds like she's coming over, too. Mikey makes himself at home, as usual, and finds the vegemite.

ivy comes over soon after with cozy blankets and pillows. She's always prepared. I make some tea and move down to sit by Mikey on the floor. Ivy and Ash snuggle up, Ivy finding Ashton's sweatshirt, and Ashton finding Ivy's lips. Mikey licks the vegemite off his fingers and for all I know, Maia and Luke are at the movies. Calum is probably at home, watching TV or jamming out. Or sleeping.

"should we call your boyfriend over?" Michael asks, mouth now full of Doritos. I shrug, shrinking close to him, cold and tired. Mikey stops chewing and smiles, pulling out his phone. He dials a number,

"Hey, Cal, come over to ash's house. ASAP." I hear Calum over the other end of the phone, and he sounds dead. Like this phone call just woke him up from sleep. They hang up and Michael smiles teasingly at me,

"You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Luke's POV*

She is curled up to me in my sweatshirt. She looks perfect. Peaceful. The movie plays, and I'm not happy we chose to go to a movie theater instead of home. This would be a lot more enjoyable on my couch, at home, where we can be free. We can be us. But, this is okay. As long as she's here.

I finally hear a steady rhythm of her breaths and I know she's asleep. I watch her chest rise and fall and feel her head resting on my shoulder. I don't even pay attention to the movie. This is all I need to watch to be happy. Her curly hair, her peaceful face, the way my sweatshirt is perfectly oversized on her. It all fits. I take my hand and stroke her head, admiring the piece of art I can call mine.

The movie credits role, she's still sleeping, and it's honestly the cutest thing ever. she looks so happy, and I don't want to wake her up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calum rings the doorbell, and I answer. he stands there, flannel pajama pants and a gray hoodie. his hair is an absolute mess. It's sticking out in all directly, rough and tousled. He's actually hugging a pillow, and he has a pout on his face.

"Why did you all call me this late at night." He jets his bottom lip out, and his eyes are half open. I look at him and giggle,

"Calum, it's only eleven." He fixes his tired eyes on me and says in an exhausted tone,

"Exactly." I giggle and drag him inside, him tiredly trudging behind me. I sit him down next to Mikey and I and we lay up against each other, trying to fall asleep.

"cal?" I ask, and he makes a "hmm" noise. When I don't respond, he says,

"Yes, babe?" I ask him,

"Can I wear your sweatshirt?" He nods his head and starts to pull off his sweatshirt, causing his head of hair to become even more messy.

I start to pull it on, and Calum helps me. we then go back to laying on each other, tired and exhausted.Calum puts an arm around me and sets his pillow in his lap. I lay my head where his pillow is as we lean against the coffee table, and he uses his other hand to stroke my head. I smile as his warm fingers sending currents of warm electricity through my scalp when the tips of his fingers meet my head.

Sometime after midnight, Luke and Maia join us, Ash and Ivy asleep, Calum and I half asleep. Mikey is still wide awake on his phone. Luke and Maia cuddle up under some blankets on the floor by the TV, and I finally fall asleep with Calum, his fingers trailing off every second, until he dozes off.

In the morning we all wake up in a huge heap together, blankets and all. Calum's hair is still a mess, and Mikey doesn't seem tired at all. I wonder what time he went to bed. ash and Ivy cuddle on the couch still, happy and content. Luke and Maia wake up slowly, still tired from the movies. They don't really stay up too late anymore. Luke used to stay up super late, but now he's balanced out.

"good morning, lads." ashton greets us, and I look at all of us. we're a mess. a complete mess.

But we're a good mess.