Chapter 18.

"Guys! Michael is coming home today!" Ashton says, running into the room. I wake up at this, and so do the others. We've all been spending the night at Ash and I's house, scared to death for Michael.

"Yay!" I say, and Ivy claps. Luke and Maia are holding onto each other as Ashton lays down by Ivy, putting his arm around her. We are all in the living room, none of us in a proper bed. Calum has taken the couch, Luke and Maia slept against the wall, and Ivy and Ashton slept on layers of scattered blankets on the ground. I slept against the coffee table, wishing Michael was here. He says he's okay, but I know somethng's wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Michael, bud, I'm so glad you can come home!" Luke says, hugging Michael. He's in his regular clothes, and his hair looks combed. He's smiling and that's when Ash runs up to him. He jumps on top of him, his arms and legs all clutched around Michael,

"Babe! You're okay!" Michael laughs and nods,

"Yeah, I'm okay." he seems sure of this. Maybe he is okay. Calum joins the hug, and his face is red from tears. The boys help him to the car, scared he's still hurt, and Michael smiles at me,

"I'm so glad you're okay!" I say, and he nods. He says,

"Of course I am! I didn't want my Non-blood Sibling to be worried!" We smile and he puts an arm around me, us walking to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton is still babying Michael, and Luke and Calum have now moved on to video games. Michael tries to join, but Ashton insists he rests.

"I've been resting all week! I don't need anymore of it?!" He complains, but Ashton shakes his head,

"Up to bed you go!" Michael groans, and they walk up the stairs. I'm editing some pictures with Ivy, and we're softly talking, while the two other boys scream over Mario Cart.

"So, how's you and Ash?" I ask. Lately Ivy and I haven't had time to just talk. She's been working with some other people on pictures and photo shoots, it's like she's always coming and going. She smiles as she brightens a picture of an old barn on her laptop,

"Great. He's really sweet and romantic." she smiles and blushes. I fangirl with her and she says,

"We're supposed to go on a date tonight, but I think he's busy with Mikey right now." I scrunch my lips together, knowing this is serious. I look at her,

"don't worry, I got this. You guys will go on your date." she smiles and thanks me, and I laugh, knowing she'll be happy. I hope Ash makes up to her for spending time with Mikey so much. I know Ashton is just trying to help, but he's been so wrapped up in Michael, it's like he's starting to become the mom of the group.

"I'm hungry!" calum says, and drops his remote, leaving Luke on the couch. Luke is still engrossed in the game, making Calum lose. Calum walks into the kitchen, and I decide to follow him, hungry myself. Ivy lets me go, and I promise her I'll be right back.

"Hey," I say, walking into the kitchen. Calum already has bread and cheese out, with the pan on the burner. I grab a water and slide onto the countertop, legs dangling.

"Can I have a grilled cheese, too?" Calum slaps some butter and cheese on a piece of bread, and then puts it on the sizzling pan. He smiles, eyes never leaving the pan,

"Will I get a kiss if I do?" I giggle, and Calum smirks at the pan, knowing he's got me tied. I don't answer for a bit, and then finally say,

"Well, it depends on how good the grilled cheese is..." Calum does a mix between laughing and scoffing, and he takes out two more pieces of bread and cheese. I jump down from the table and he turns around, getting close to me. He lightly runs his finger on the bottom of my chin,

"Oh, it'll be the best grilled cheese you've ever tasted."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, where are we going?" Ivy says, wiggling in the passenger seat with anticipation. Ashton chuckles, eyes on the road. It's dark out and the headlights of the car burn the street in front of them.

"You'll see," He says, and smiles to himself. Ivy can barely contain herself, waiting for this date all day.

*

They finally arrive in the middle of no where. It's a mountain side with a pretty view and gleaming stars. Ashton parks, the trunk of his car facing the cliff and the night sky. He gets out, opens the door for Ivy, and walks her back to the trunk.

"you ready for this awesomeness?" He says, and she nods. He smiles at her and then opens the back of the trunk. He plugs something in, and suddenly the back of his car lights up.

Christmas lights hang low as they shimmer like the night sky, and red and pink blankets line and layer on the bottom of the trunk. a picnic basket sits on the blankets, and a stereo sits against the back chair.

"welcome, to our date night." He smiles and brings the picnic basket out, creating space for Ivy to sit. She sits down and he climbs in after her, he takes her hand and turns on music.

They both look up at the midnight sky, and the thousands of starts that glow. they try to count them, they try to imagine, they try to think. but all they do is sit there and talk to each other, occasionally sneaking in a kiss or stare.

The night ends when Ivy falls asleep in Ashton's arm, her head laying on his chest. He sits there, girl in his arms, smile on his face, looking up at the stars. Thanking God for making him so lucky.

~~~~~