Chapter 6.

"Allie! We're busking! You wanna come?" Ashton screams up the stairs. I finish writing in my notebook and then scream,

"No thanks!" I hear someone groan and become suspicious. I set down my pencil and try to listen to them downstairs. Ashton screams,

"Okay... don't eat the fridge...and try not to die up there, you hermit." I reply with a "K" and go back to writing. I hear the door to the house close and sigh.

Ever since the video, I haven't come out of my room. Literally. I shut all of my electronics off and have a box of food and water next to my bed. I haven't been in contact with humans in two days. I'll be fine, as long as no one comes up.

I walk over to my box of food and pull out a bag of Fritos. I chow down and sit on my bed, staring in a daze at the floor. I think about the video, and stop eating, sick to my stomach. I lay down on my bed and look at the ceiling. My hands are clammy and my face is hot. I take deep breaths and then turn my head to the corner of my room where my laptop, tablet, and phone all sit peacefully. They're all off and completely away from me.

Nothing can take me out of my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two hours later, the boys come home. They're all screaming and hooting from downstairs. I'm still on my bed, and I think once again,

Nothing can take me out of my room.

Then I hear Calum's voice. He's screaming to the other boys, and I sort of smile, but then quickly stop. I sit up and walk back over to my desk, going back to my notebook. I start to scribble words down, everything that I don't want to say out loud. I hear footsteps up the stairs, ad choose to ignore.

"Allie?" I hear someone quietly say against the door, tapping on it. I groan and then the voice says, "Can you please let me in?" It's Calum. His soft voice and quiet tone triggers my recognization. Part of me wants to open the door up and let him in, but then another part stands firm in no. I respond,

"no." I hear him sigh and then firmly state,

"Fine, I'll guess I'll just have to come in there." he then jiggles the locked doorknob and somehow, he gets in. he hesitantly looks around the door to find me. His face is sort of pale ad concerned. I look at him, not smiling, not frowning. I close my notebook and hop on my bed. He sits next to me.

"I would ask what's wrong but I already know." I look at my feet, trying not to look at him, but then he does something that sends tingles through me.

He slides his hand on top of mine.

It's warm and sort of hard and rough, but still soothing. I look at him, and his eyes are bloodshot. His hair is a mess, but it's kept under a maroon beanie. He looks at me, searching my face. He gulps, and his eyes moves from side to side as he looks into mine.

"I don't like you like this." He says, and I gulp. He puts his other hand on my hand he's holding, so both hands are clasped over mine.  I reply, and my voice cracks,

"Like what?" He smiles and scoffs, replying,

"Don't think I don't know you, Allie. I know you better than myself. You think I'm not there, or I don't care, but I observe you, I watch you. I know how you work."

 Something about this is touching, and that's how I start to cry. The minute tears roll is the minute Calum takes his hands off of mine and brings me into him, holding my head against his chest. I cry into his gray tee shirt, and he lays his cheek on my head. He occasionally whispers things to me, or rocks me like  a baby. Like I'm someone special to him.

"now, c'mon. We're going somewhere." He says after about fifteen minutes of me crying into him. He gets up, and holds out his hand. I look up at him, eyes still puffy.

"W-what?" I stutter, rubbing my nose. He nods,

"We're going to go have fun!" I take his hand and he pulls me up. I stutter again, "Oh..I-I don't know." He shakes his head and twists our hands. He replies, smiling as he pulls me out of my bedroom door,

"Don't worry, It'll just be me and you." He smiles and leads me down the stairs, and out the door. We get into his car and drive to wherever Calum is planning to make me have fun.

I'm glad I have Calum right now. He's the only thing I feel like I've got.