Chapter 16.

Michael moves his fingers over the guitar neck in bar chords as he raspily sings,

"Taking every breath away,

with all the mistakes I've made, 

from all the letters that I've saved.

This is everything I didn't say."

His eyes water up and he rubs in between his eyes. He checks his phone and then slams it on his coffee table. He goes back to his guitar and starts to strum another one of his songs,

"When I close my eyes and try to sleep,

I fall apart, I'm fighting hard to breathe,

You're the reason, the only reason..."

His voice cracks on the last word and he fades, a tear falling down his cheek.  This is how Michael lets out his emotions. He just plays his songs over and over again, thinking about his problems, letting it out in the music. Who knows why he's playing tonight. so much has happened in that boy, you can't help but feel bad for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Maia!" Luke sings, and Maia answers,

"Yes, Luke?" He smiles and opens the fridge, reaching for the butter.

"I'm making us waffles!" He screams, smiling at this. He knows she loves waffles.

"Yum!" She says, and he sticks his tongue out, his white tee shirt showing a layer of skin under it, and his sweatpants swishing every step. The waffles pop out of the toaster and he grabs them, placing them on two plastic plates.

"Last night was fun, spending the night with you." He says, kissing her forehead as she walks into the kitchen. she smiles and goes right over to the waffles, digging in. she still looks tired and she looks happily at the waffles in front of her.

"Bon Appetit." Luke says, and they dig in to their waffles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are we hanging with the others today?" I ask, rolling over on his bed. His black tee shirt hanging off one of my shoulders. It goes a little past my mid thighs and it's sleeves go to my elbows, it's that big. Calum rolls over to face me, face scrunched and tired.

"Eh," He says, and then smiles, eyes still closed.

It's nearly lunch time and we've been sleeping since last night. Calum's phone has been buzzing with texts from the boys all morning but he's been avoiding it, trying to sleep and be with me. his white muscle shirt wrinkles at his shoulders as he shifts in bed, getting closer to me. He's buried in the covers while I've peacefully slept on top, blanket free. I check my phone and take some selfies of me with Calum sleeping in the background on Calum's as well, posting them and hoping he'll find them later.

"well, what are we going to do today?" I ask, wanting to do something. Calum rubs his face, eyes still closed as he groans,

"Sleep." I laugh and wiggle closer to him and he takes my hand. I play with his fingers and we just lay there, not saying a word. he smiles and then barely opens his eyes, looking at me. he starts to run his fingers in patterns and circles on my arm, sending me chills. he stares at my arm as he draws with his finger on it. I bend my head in towards him so it rests on his chest. He kisses the crown of my head and lays his chin on my hair, still drawing on my arm.

"You look good in my shirt," He whispers, even though there's no need to. I sigh and try to snuggle closer to him, though I don't think it's possible. We're already so close, and It's already so perfect.

His Adam's apple bobs up and down and I feel it on my forehead. He has now put his arm around me, hand laying on my back. His phone buzzes, but he ignores it. He then moves his hand up to my hair and starts playing with it. It sends tingles through me. we continue to lay there, until his phone buzzes once again. He finally gets mad and sits up, reaching for it,

"Good heavens, Ashton! Why do you have to call me so many times?@!" He answers Ashton's call, and I get a knot in my stomach. What if Ashton's been worried about where I've been all night? What if something's wrong? What if he gets mad at Calum?

"Oh my Gosh," Calum says, running his fingers through his hair. He's looking at his bed sheets as Ashton talks. This makes me more worried. calum hangs up and I grab his arm, worried,

"What's wrong?! What happened?!" Calum's eyes moisten and he looks up at me, eyes red and his Adam's apple bobbing. He says something so softly, it's almost a whisper,

"It's Michael. He's in the hospital...it's bad..." a tear falls down his cheek and we start to get up, rushing to the hospital.

I really don't hope this is what I think it is.