Chapter 23.

"hey, Allie," Calum says.

We're at the mall, tying not to get mobbed by fans. A couple of girls notice us but Michael holds a finger to his lips, smiling. they nod and try to stay quiet and draw attention as we walk over to them. We don't like a lot of attention, obviously.

"Yeah?" I answer to Calum as he starts taking pictures with the girls. They squeal and the boys talk to them for a bit. When they finally move on, squealing and looking at their phones, Calum walks beside me,

"I was just thinking...and we haven't gone on our first official date..." I smile at this and Calum takes my hand, stopping. People push past us and Calum turns to me,

"Yes, that's true." I say, and he lights up. He lightly chuckles and softly says,

"Well, I was wondering, maybe we should...you know...go on a date..." He takes the hand that isn't in mine and scratches the back of his neck, bashfully smiling.

"Calum Hood, are you asking me on a date?" I say, and he sort of giggles. He shakes his head, smiling,

"I can't believe you, sometimes, you know." he leans in, rubbing his forehead on mine and says,

"But yes, I'm asking you on a date." I narrow my eyes at him, not letting him get away that easily,

"Hmm," I say, and he rolls his eyes, smiling,

"Oh, what? You need me to properly ask you?" I smile proudly and he laughs,

"Fine, then," he then lets go of my hand, bends to his knees, clamps his hands together and dramatically asks,

"Allie Elizabeth Irwin, will you do me the pleasure and go on a first official date with me?" I giggles, knowing he's only doing this stupid act for my benefit. I nod,

"Yes, I'd love to."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calum takes my hand as we walk down the mall, Luke and Maia walking hand in hand in front of us, Michael in front of them, and ashton and Ivy skipping arm and arm in the very front.

"Paul's tattoo shop," Michael says, and eyes the store in the mall.

"Let's all get tattoos!" Ashton says, and Calum nods.

"Aw, but baby Lukie doesn't want a tattoo." Michael says, teasing Luke, and Luke sticks his tongue out.

"Well, we'll find a sharpie for him, then." Ashton says, and Luke and Maia laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~

We walk in and a bigger man with a black bandana on greets us.

"Hi, we're interested in matching tattoos." Ashton says, and smiles. We show him our ID's and fill our paperwork.

"alright, what are we getting?" Michael says, and Calum points to Ashton's wrist,

"How about we get Ashton's tattoo!" I nod and so does Ivy. Ashton says,

"Alright, since I already have it, I'll get something else."

"Uh, sir, do you have a sharpie on you? these two don't want tattoos." Michael says to the man, pointing to Luke and Maia. They laugh and the man finds a Sharpie for them.

"Okay, let's do this," Luke says, and starts drawing on his arm. he draws out M+L on his fore arm and Maia giggles.

"Okay, I'll go first." Michael says, and he gets in a chair. There is two employees there, and Ashton sits in the other chair,

"Yes, I'd like this." Ashton says, and hands the second tattooist a picture of Ivy's name in cursive. Ashton points to his fore arm and the man nods.

Michael's face is bright red as the man with the bandana digs the needle into his wrist. Luke and Maia have now started on Maia's arm, drawing the tic marks for 5SOS and M+L. Luke also decides to doodle cute drawings all up her wrists and hands.

"Here, babe, let me help you," Calum says, holding Michael's hand jokingly. Michael air kisses him and I giggles. Ashton is trying to act manly in front of Ivy while her name is etched permanently in his arm. It's very sweet he chose to do that. I can tell she means a lot to him.

Michael finishes and it's now my turn to hop up on the chair. I'm really nervous. I've never gotten a tattoo before.

"Does it hurt?" I ask Calum, and he smiles,

" A little, but I've found it easy to focus on something, and then you won't even notice." I smile at him, getting lost in his dark chocolate eyes. I see Ashton hop down and Ivy climb into the chair next to me. Ashton admires his new mark of love on his arm and then I see him take Ivy's hand, preparing her.

I look back at Calum and he smiles,

"Here," He takes my hand and kisses it, holding it tight, "I promise I won't let go until it's over." he says, and he keeps that promise. He talks me through it and just as the needle hits my bare skin, he tells me to look over at him, and when I do, he kisses me. The pain is drained from my body, and he's right, I don't even notice the ink digging into my skin. I'm only sensing his lips and his everything getting poured into me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Calum goes up, we have all gotten our five tic marks on our wrists, just like Ash. We're all matching, and it's really cute. Ivy decides to get a picture of all our wrists in a circle, and you can clearly tell Luke's and Maia's are fake, but it's cute. I think it was sweet of Maia to stay by Luke's side and not get a tattoo.

"How does it feel?" ashton asks me, putting an arm around me in a brotherly way. I scrunch my nose,

"different. I feel..."

"Punk Rock?" Michael asks, and I laugh. I nod,

"Sure, that's the word." Ashton laughs and leaves my side, going over to Ivy and Michael. Maia and Luke are next to Calum and I, and I fangirl over the two as Luke is tracing his cute Sharpie doodles with his fingers on Maia. She giggles at his fingers moving over the ink and leans her head into his chest.

"well, I'm hungry, let's eat!" Ashton says, and we all agree, racing to our car.