Chapter 9.

"It's movie time!" Michael says, walking in to the room.. He has pizza and drinks in his hand. Calum lights up at food and we all laugh. At this, Michael then crawls on top of Calum,

"No! Michael, no! Aw! Michael!" Calum begs as Michael lays on top of the two boys. They laugh and snuggle on top of each other.

Luke just sits on the ground, looking kind of anxious. Across the room is Maia and I. We're sitting on Some huge pillows and I'm wrapped like a burrito in a blanket. Ashton and Ivy are on their way to their date. I don't know what Ashton has planned, but it better be good. Im scrolling through Netflix and Maia is sneaking glances at Luke.

She is very quiet tonight, and the only sudden movement she makes his snapping her head away when Luke and her eyes meet. Luke bites his lip and goes back to his stiff self, occasionally licking his lips awkwardly or running his fingers through his hair. Why are they acting so weird?

I thought Luke changed. I thought we broke him out of his shell? And Maia is usually so comfortable around me, I don't understand. The only reason is if they like each other....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You look wonderful tonight." I say, taking her hand.

She's wearing a black skater skirt and a white tee with the Beatles logo on it. Her maroon chucks go perfectly with her lipstick and she's never looked so beautiful.

"Thank you!" She blushes and I smile. It's true. She looks wonderful. "So, where are we headed?" She asks, curious. She looks so cute curious. She looks cute all the time.

"You'll see." Were walking down the street, and the night sky is getting darker and darker. The street light soon glow and we finally arrive to where we are headed. Our first date.

"You like Lady and the Tramp, don't ya?" I smile, knowing it's her favorite. We've talked about it. Her favorite Disney movie is Lady and The Tramp.

We sit down at an old Italian restaurant, at a table outside and a giant plate of spaghetti and meatballs sits on the table. A violinist plays in the background and Christmas Lights are strung around trees  and posts.

"Madam, your spaghetti." She giggles and we take our forks and twirl some strings around.

Well, what do you know, we both twirl the same string of spaghetti. She giggles as we follow the noodle and were inches apart. Centimeters. Millimeters. She looks so flawless even up close and I feel amazing.

Our lips connect as the middle of the spaghetti brings us together. I can't help but smile while we kiss and I feel just like Lady and the Tramp.

Moments like these make life ten times better when I'm with Ivy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So," I say. Michael is passed out on the couch, sauce all over his mouth. As he snores, Calum plays on his phone.

I sit here, watching Maia and Luke make a fool of themselves. It's mostly Luke but Maia isn't being herself! She's usually light hearted and fun. Luke is usually laid back and loud. Why aren't they being themselves.

"Okay, this is crazy." I say. I face Maia, "You're supposed to be fun! Lighten up!" I then face Luke,

"And Luke, you're supposed to be loud and crazy like you usually are! It's like you've crawlen back into your hole of shyness." I then get up and walk out. As I'm walking out I exclaim,

"You two better talk!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I come back a couple minutes later with some chips. It's nearly three AM and when I walk in, Luke and Maia are talking. A lot.

I don't bother them, I just observe. Luke is grinning as he talks and asks questions, and Maia seems so content. She's answering one of his questions, and he smiles as he watches her lips move.

They're so cute and between Maia's floral tops and Luke's lip ring, they balance each other out. Maia is so colorful and bubbly, and Luke is so neutral with a touch of sweet. Sure, they're both shy, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Watching them make each other laugh and smile is the ultimate accomplish.