Chapter 26.

We all settle down after a long day of performing. Well, the boys performed, Ivy, Maia and I all watched them and helped backstage. but it was still hard and tiring. Ivy steals Ashton's sweaty bandana and plays with it, twirling it around her fingers. Maia tucks her fists into Luke's plaid shirt she has over her tank top, and it's perfectly oversized on her.

Michael combs through his sweaty mess of hair and Calum puts an arm around me, and I cringe at his sweaty armpits and tousled hair. I have his snapback on and he pulls me into his chest, were more moisture and sweat is released.

"ew, Cal!" I say, and try to get away, but he just grins and pulls me in tighter.

"Ah, love." ashton says, joking at us two. I scrunch my nose and Calum lays his head on mine. I can feel his wet hair through his snapback on my head and his arm and chest are hot and sticky. They just finished performing another show.

Michael scrolls through his phone, and then turns on some music. He turns on his Rock playlist and starts bobbing his head to the AC/DC song on. Luke doesn't mind it, staring at his phone, but Ash starts bobbing his head along with Michael.

"Yes!" He says, getting into the music. Calum starts to air guitar, and Michael gets up, starting to dance. I don't see how they have so much energy after a day like today? One performance after another and they still have energy to act like idiots this late at night?

Ashton finds some funny props and blankets to use, and as he puts on a boa, Michael slaps on a cowboy hat. Calum already has a sombrero on and blow up guitar in his hands, and Luke is now looking up at the three, smiling.

"c'mon, Lukie!" Ashton says, and Luke shakes his head. He yawns and Ashton grabs his wrists.

"C'mon!" He says again, and starts to dance. Ivy has now joined in, playing with a scarf and a tiara. ashton is putting a tutu on Luke, and Michael and Calum are jumping up and down the song. I laugh, and Ash comes up to me next,

"c'mon, sis!" He pulls me up, and Luke pulls up Maia. Maia laughs and sort of dances around while Ash and Mikey dress me in gold chains and a squid hat. I laugh and we all jam to our air guitars and drums, using pencils and blow up microphones to sing into.

Calum and I bob our head back and forth at each other, playing our air guitars, and I burst into laughter at how ridiculous we probably look. Maia has some silly sunglasses on now, and Michael has completely changed outfits into a bizarre fairy princess dress and horse mask.

Yes, nights usually end up this way. us becoming delirious and being stupid, but it's worth it. I mean from the smile on the boys faces to the horse mask Mikey usually finds, it's a blast. And I wouldn't want to change a thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay! Jam session number eight thousand forty two!" Michael jokes, and we laugh. We all sit in Ash and I's living room, instruments in hand and smiles on our faces. We all like to have jam sessions every once in while. Just to let lose or create ideas.

Ashton drums on the cahone, warming up, and Luke plays a power chord on his guitar. Calum wiggles his feet as he looks up song lyrics and Mikey tunes his acoustic, moving ever so beautifully over the strings.

Maia and Ivy scroll through social media on the couch behind us. They'll sing a little once they get comfortable. I sit in between Calum and Luke, looking over cal's shoulder at the song lyrics. Ashton drums again and then says to us,

"Alright, yall, you ready?" We nod and hoot. He looks at Mikey then counts, "One Two THree Four!" He starts to drum on the cahone and Michael plays a riff on his guitar. Luke adds in with some picking and Calum bobs his head to the beat.

calum then starts to sing, and it sends chills through my body. I hear him sing every day, but whenever we are singing alone, or when we have a jam session, it catches me off guard. It gives me goose bumps and I feel like a show of fire works inside.

By the chorus, Luke and I have now found a harmony with Calum, and I focus on the drumming of Ashton and Calum's voice. I look over and see Ivy singing along and Maia mouthing the words. I smile and they smile back, getting more into the song.

Michael gets really into the song and goes bizarre with his riffs and tabs, making them more unique and creative and crazy as time goes by and by the end, he's doing a full out insane riff, picking, flaring and all. we are all getting into it, bobbing our heads and tapping our feet to Michael's insane solo. He's such an amazing guitar player.

The jam session lasts for about two hours, but it didn't feel that long. We played almost every song in the pop rock universe ever, and we added some new acoustic melodic songs in there, too. Maia requested Amnesia, and Ashton sang a new song for Ivy, called "Tangle my soul." It was such a sweet song and Ivy really liked. Ashton doesn't always write songs, so this is and improvement for him. It shows how much he cares.

"hey, let's go to Greasy Greens!" Michael suggests, and we all agree. We head out the door, our voices raw and finger cramping from the jam session. We get in the car and sing some more, our voices becoming coarse, but we don't care. It's so much fun.