The Last Game - Yes

The Last Game - Yes

Three years ago, if someone told me that I would fall crazy in love with a guy I’d laugh. Or maybe curse at that someone. Who would have thought that I would change? That I would fall in love?

No one did. I guess.

It wasn’t easy. Caleb needed the children’s approval. That was the hardest part of beginning our new relationship. It took time especially Knave’s. He was cautious of Caleb and one night when we were going out, he thought Caleb was taking me away.

Knave had panic attacks and that night he had one. So we had to sedate him.

One night I finally decided it was time for them to know my relationship with Caleb, alam ko mahirap tanggapin pero kailangan na nilang malaman. Caleb wasn’t pressing the issue dahil alam niya na mahirap talaga makuha yung loob ng mga bata.

So that night, Caleb went to visit us at the penthouse suite, Knave hid over Andy’s back and Shiloh was ignoring Caleb’s attempt of conversation. Slowly, Knave gave in and went to Caleb to see the new robot toy he bought for Knave.

I introduced Caleb as my boyfriend and that was when Shiloh yelled and said she didn’t want Caleb and that she hated me for leaving them. She ran back to her room and Andy suggested he go talk to her.

Umakyat nun si Andy at sumunod ako nang nakita kong nage-enjoy naman si Knave. Medyo bukas yung pinto ng kwarto ni Shiloh kaya nakinig ako sa pinag-uusapan nila noon.

“I don’t want her to leave daddy. Tell mommy not to leave us.” Shiloh said.

“She’s not leaving Shiloh.”

“But Uncle Caleb’s back. And he’s going to take her with him. We’re going to be alone again. Daddy, I was so happy two years ago when you and mommy came to France, we were a family and I’ve always wanted us to be one. Then Knave came along and it was perfect. Now mommy’s going to leave and start her own family with Uncle Caleb, she’ll going to forget me.” Shiloh cried.

“You know that’s not true. Your mommy would never dare forget you. Remember what she always tells you? You will always be her first born. You’re her daughter. She loves you very much.”

“But what if a baby comes along? She’s going to love that baby more.” She said in muffled voice.

“Knave came along but she still loves you both equally. Shiloh, your mommy needs to be happy and Uncle Caleb will make her happy.”

“Why can’t you make her happy?”

“Because I’m not the one she loves. She won’t forget you Shiloh, she’s going to love you even when she starts her own family. Who cannot love a shining bright star like you? So now can we go down and say sorry to mommy and tell her you love her?”