Game 45 - Shattered into million pieces

Game 45 – Shattered into million pieces

Caleb leaned over Emma’s forehead to kiss her. She stirred and slowly opened her eyes. “Good morning.” He greeted her.

She smiled sleepily at him and it made his heart leap out of joy. He always wanted to wake her up like this. To wake up with her. He trailed his hand to her stomach where their baby was, he couldn’t wait to see his child with Emma. “Morning.” She said. She looked at him from up to down and frowned. “Aalis ka?” she asked as she assessed what he was wearing, he was wearing his suit and it’s a weekend.

He didn’t want to but he needed. His future or better yet their future is at stakes. He needed a stable job for Emma and the baby, he cannot do that if his current job is hanging on a thin thread. He needed to make plans.

That was what he had been doing for the past few weeks, he was going to build his own investment firm. It’ll be hard but with the proper investors it’ll be fine. And to have proper investors he needed to smooch some people.

He nodded. “I have to meet Anton Magdayao for brunch. He called the office and wanted to meet.” He told her. Hindi niya alam kung bakit tinawagan siya ni Anton Magdayao pero chance na rin ito para tanungin ito kung gusto nitong mag-invest sa tatayo niyang investment firm.

Emma wrinkled her nose. “Anton? Ano naman kailangan sayo ni Anton?” she asked. She sat up. “Can you just stay here with me?” she asked.

“I’d love to but I can’t. I have some very important meetings that I had scheduled for today. I’ll call you later okay?” Caleb kissed her on her lips chastely and stood up. “I love you.”

Just when he was barely out of the room, he heard Emma’s low whisper. “I love you too.” he stopped mid-track, he didn’t know if he heard her right but he was damn sure it wasn’t meant for him to hear it.

But by God, it made his heart beat faster. Emma loved him. She might not had confessed it to him directly but she did love him. He never had to question himself over it anymore.

She loved him. And the most wonderful thing was that they were having a baby. They were going to be a family and Emma loved him. They will be a happy family. He would make sure of that.

He walked away, he fought the urge to come back and make love to the love of his life and ask her to tell him what he just heard. Emma didn’t say it because she wasn’t ready for him to hear it. She was finding the perfect time and so was he.

He was going to ask her to marry him. It was obvious anyway, they were having a baby but he didn’t want Emma to think that he just wanted to marry her because of the baby. He wanted to marry her because he couldn’t think of spending another day with her not being his wife.

Yeah maybe they have known each other for almost six months only but as clichéd as it sounds it felt for Caleb that he had known her all his life. He had waited far too long for her and it was high time to marry her. To make her his.