Game 17 - You'll definitely be my daughter-in-law

Game 17 - Game 17 - You'll definitely be my daughter-in-law

I stayed in New York for another week because of some business I had to attend to for my grandfather's bidding. I wanted to go home but because it was my grandfather who asked me, I couldn't say no. After all I am his only granddaughter and he had no one else to trust to do his business except me, after all I am to inherit everything. 

I knew I had greatly disappointed him when I pursue medicine instead of business management. I knew he expected me to take over the chains of hotels and hospitals because well what could he expect with my mother after all? But I never wanted to be a businesswoman, it didn't appeal to me as being involved in Science did. But he never showed his disappointment, I think he must had just been glad that I didn't end up like my mother. 

Anyway, I told Caleb that I would stay for another week, he didn't like it but he didn't argue that much. I called him everyday and it wasn't so bad being in a relationship with him. It's so normal and I grew missing him each day and I wished to just go home and be with him. 

Weird right?

I think I must be grateful to Caleb for coercing me to be his girlfriend, yes he coerced me to be his girlfriend, it was sexual blackmail, not giving me the release I needed that time until I say yes. But I moved past it because he was also torturing himself that time as I remembered it correctly.

Yeah, I am grateful to him for because of him, I realized how society viewed me: a slut, a whore, a loose woman. I may not be like my mother who gallivants around the world for merely her own pleausre, who is selfish. But I might as be well be like her. In fact I think I was worse than her. 

I slept around. And Caleb made me realize that I didn't want that. I do enjoy the pleasure sex could bring but I didn't want to be viewed as a whore. I wasn't. 

If David didn't propositioned me with a quick fuck on the storage unit even knowing I had a boyfriend, I would  never know how men thought of me, they all thought of me as an easy lay well not so easy but a willing one. Na kahit pa may boyfriend na ako, handa pairn akong makipag sex sa kanila kahit pa nga may boyfriend na ako. They expected me to cheat. 

David did. Damn him. But I wasn't like that. I may have an aversion with relationship but I wasn't a cheater. Never was and never will be. 

So yeah I am grateful to Caleb and because I am grateful I would do my best to be make this relationship work. I would show them all that I too can change and be a wonderful girlfriend. 

"Don't you think ang aga pa para ipakilala mo ako sa parents mo?" tanong ko kay Caleb, we were on our way to Caleb's family home in Tagaytay. Kahapon na pagkauwi ko ay sinabi na niya sa akin na pupunta kami sa family gathering nila. "We can always turn back now." dagdag ko pa. It wasn't like I didn't like to meet Caleb's family but I wasn't ready. It was too early for our relationship to do the meet the parents kind a thing. 

He simply glared at me and continued driving. "Makikilala't makikilala mo rin naman sila Emma so why prolong the wait?" 

"So you're saying na ayos lang din sayo na pakilala kita sa family ko kahit maaga?"