Game 50 - I love you too, Caleb

Game 50 –  I love you too, Caleb

Healing takes time. To heal your heart, you need time for the wound to become a scar. Don’t be afraid, it’s just a scar. You can even call it as a battle scar. Love is tough and it really hurts when it breaks but be strong.

Scar is just a scar. The wound is healed and the scar is the proof that you survived. Nothing to be ashamed of.

“Mommy, are you going to leave us?” Shiloh asked suddenly. We were eating brunch at the terrace.

I looked at her face and there was fear in her eyes. “What makes you think that honey?” I asked.

“Because you’re spending time with Uncle Caleb again.” She answered.

I put down my fork, rose, and walked to her side. I gently touched her face and smiled. “We're just friends.” I told her. Caleb and I had been spending time together, we’re just friends. I liked his company and I did miss the friendship we formed when we were together but we can never be.

I can’t give him what he wants now. And even if I can, Caleb doesn’t see me that way anymore.

“So you’re not going to leave us?”

“No honey.” I pulled her for a hug.

“I don’t want to be selfish mommy but I don’t want you to leave. I want you, daddy, me and Knave together.” Shiloh said.

“You’re not being selfish.” I assured her. “But your father will find someone someday.”

She pulled away. “Can’t it be you?” she asked.

I shook my head. “No honey, it can’t. But I’m always going to be here for you. I’m your mother.”

She smiled sweetly. “I love you mommy. You’re the greatest mom ever.”

“Maman.” Knave walked towards us with his right hand in his eyes, he was holding Mr. Snugly bear with his left hand. Hindi siya nakakatulog pag hindi niya katabi si Mr. Snugly bear kaya laging dala dala namin ito.

I rose and picked him up. “Morning sweetie.” I said and he kissed me on the cheek. French people are really affectionate. I walked as I carried him and sat down. “What do you want to eat?” I asked as he settled on my lap.

“Waffles!”

Shiloh being the good big sister that she is, prepared Knave his plate and filled it with waffles and chocolate chips with strawberries. “Here Knave.” She said and placed it in front of us.

Knave started eating. “Where’s daddy?” he mumbled.

“He had to work on our house sweetie.” I told him, Andy was at Tagaytay right now to check on the house, Andy and I decided to buy a lot last year just in case na gusto namin mag settle sa Pilipinas.

We hired an architect and asked him to go to France and see our place. Gusto namin na maging familiar yung magiging bahay dito sa Pilipinas para kay Knave. Knave still fears that someone is going to take him away from us. Familiarity eases Knave, it helps him in a way.

“This is not our home?” he asked me looking at me with uncertainty.

I smiled and brushed my nose to his. “No sweetie. This is temporary. We’re going to leave as soon as our house is ready. That’s our home. Just like our home in France.”