Game 49 - Emma and Andy seem domesticated

Game 49 – Emma and Andy seem domesticated

Were his eyes not betraying him? Was it just a dream? Was this real? Was it really Emma? His Emma? He walked towards her as quickly as he could, he was afraid to lose her, he held his gaze to her fearing the loss of connection once it breaks.

“Emma.” He breathed. God. She was still breathtakingly beautiful. Her body still had its curve, though he could see that she did gain some weight, but it served right to her. Her blond hair is longer than the last time he saw it.

She wore a shock expression. “Caleb.”

“You’re back.” Caleb said and he tried to touch her arm, he needed to feel her. Emma stepped back however. “It’s nice to see you after two years Emma.”

“You too, Caleb.”

He looked at her hand, God how he wanted to hold it and never let go. When he looked at it, he noticed the scar. It was the reminder of the car accident. “Are you free today? Let’s go get coffee.”

He wanted more than coffee but that was just all he could ask for now. He didn’t even know she was back. Ang pagkaalam niya ay one month pa bago sila magsibalikan sa Pilipinas.

It was a chance meeting. Who knew he’d ever find Emma in a mall? When they were together, they never did go to the mall.

Before Emma could answer though Andy arrived with Shiloh and another child. “Effie.” Bati nito kay Emma. “Caleb.”

Hindi alam ni Caleb kung sino ang mas gulat sa kanilang dalawa ni Andy, kung si Andy ba o siya. Sino ang batang iyon? May tinatago pa bang mga sikreto ang mga ito? Hindi lang ba si Shiloh ang anak?

“Andy.” Bati niya kay Andy.

“Maman, peut on acheter le robot, papa dit que nous devons vous demander tout d'abord.” The little boy asked. He could not very well understand the boy for he spoke French. Who was this boy? He did understand what he called Emma. [Trans: Mommy, can we buy the robot, daddy said we need to ask you first]

Emma patted the boy’s head and spoke fluently in French. “Of course, darling.” She smiled to the boy with that motherly smile she always bestowed Shiloh before.

“Merci maman.”

He cleared his throat because it seemed that he was forgotten.Andy looked at him and they were uncertainty in his eyes as if he was hesitating to introduce the child. “Caleb, meet Knave. Knave say hello.”

The boy looked at him with fear. Andy patted his hair and encouraged him. “Hello monsieur Caleb.” The boy greeted him.

Ngumiti siya sa bata. “Hello, Knave.” Bati niya dito, nilingon niya si Shiloh, tumangkad na si Shiloh at medyo nagkalaman na rin tulad ni Emma. “How are you Shiloh?”

“Fine.” Shiloh answered him. She turned to Emma “Mommy can we go now? I’m hungry.”

Emma looked at him then Andy who nodded. She turned to face him again and smiled. “It was nice seeing you Caleb but we really must go. Can’t deprive our children food.” She smiled to the two children who giggled.

Our children. It didn’t leave unnoticed to Caleb that she described the two as hers, as theirs—Hers and Andy’s—not just Shiloh but Knave too. Who was the kid anyway?