Game 12 - "I missed you so doctor

I stayed in New York for about three weeks. I used all my vacation time spending time in a research lab helping Doctor Hale and his new intern for the clinical trials. They had this new idea for the drug to inject in one patient's brain that could help slowing the progress. 

Kung iba siguro sasabihin na sinayang ko lang yung three weeks vacation time ko na nakatunganga lang sa research lab pero kung ikaw ay ako, sasabihin mo na rin na ito yung best vacation. Ano pang mas gaganda kung isa kang doctor na gustong masulat din sa medical history na tumulong sa paghahanap ng cure sa Alzheimer's disease diba? Ito na iyon at naenjoy ko to. 

I enjoyed playing with chemicals for the drug. 

I just got back this morning and I was planning on sleeping more because I haven't really slept well in New York, I had been spending time in that lab and sometimes I had to accompany Chuck to these dreadful dinner parties Melinda planned for him. 

It's for college. 

I met David once again and it was really nice to see him again, not. Well he was not that boring anymore, he did change quite. Can you believe siya ang nag-aya sa akin na pumunta sa isang club? Him! The David Grey who always wore his three piece suit with the air of so much arrogance and boredom invited me to join him in a club. 

He was trying to hard. I mean I knew he wanted to impress me, to actually let me realize that we had something in common but really we didn't have anything in common, I was a doctor and he was a shrewd businessman. 

But I did try hard too! Dad wanted him so much to be his son-in-law. I just wanted to let dad think that there's something going on for him to give me a break. 

Dad's too controlling. Mother wanted nothing of him the moment she realized he wanted to control her life, and well my mother, she doesn't want anyone to control her. And my dad realized he could never control my mother. 

Lola Venetia had always blamed the "shameful" gypsy heritage we had. Long time ago, on the 19th century, Regency era, the great grandfather or something like that married a gypsy. That was so scandalous for a duke to marry someone so beneath his ranking and what's worse was she was a gypsy! 

Lola had always told me that it was really so scandalous that time. I believed her, I mean when I was young, Anya would bug Elena and I to read some regency novels with her. And that time in England, ranking was very important. 

And yeah, Lola blamed our gypsy heritage for my mother's actions. Kahit pa sabihin natin na yung gypsy na iyon ay naging duchess and was quite alright nung naturuan na siya kung paano umakto ang isang babae in her ranking at that time. 

Siguro masakit lang para kay lola na aminin hindi lang sa sarili niya na may part na kasalanan din niya ang nangyari kay mom, she was too spoiled for her own good. At kaya siguro hindi ako masyado spoiled ng lola dahil natatakot din siya na maging Seraphina 2.0 ako. 

And that is why I wanted to give dad the impression that David was fine. Dahil alam ko rin na natatakot si dad na maging katulad ako ni mom. I seldom obey him, I don't let him control my life, halos lahat ng aspects ng buhay ko, dad and I would argue about it.