Chapter 19

Today was her wedding day, the day she would marry BG. It has been a wild ride, to say the least. As she is sitting in their bedroom Nix thinks back over the past year with BG. When she moved home she never thought she would meet and want to marry anyone much less one of her favorite singers. It's funny how life throws that stuff at you. She looks to the bed and sees her dress and her leather vest with her ol lady patch. She knows he's a ride or die kind of man and the fact he patched her in well she knows this wedding is mainly for his fans and family. They had the patch ceremony and party last month with the club. She smiles remembering that night. 

A knock at the door breaks her thoughts and brings her back to the present. She tells them to come in. Lucy walks in and Nix smiles and asks if she has everything set up for after the ceremony. Lucy smiles and told her she had it all ready for them. Lucy tells her it's time to get in her dress so Knox can walk her down the aisle to her groom that is driving everyone crazy  wanting to see her. Nix laughs. She walks over and slips into her strapless dress with the sweetheart neckline that goes all the way to the floor. She puts on her heels and takes another look in the mirror. Knox comes in and he stops,"Phoenix Rayne you take my breath away baby sister. Momma would be so happy to see you all dressed up. She gave me this to give you on your wedding day. He handed her a jewelry box and it was a string of pearls with a blue cameo brooch. She teared up and he told her no crying that today was a celebration. So she wiped her eyes and put a smile on her face and let her brother walk her downstairs and out to the waiting limo.

As they arrived at the church that Brantley grew up in she started feeling the butterflies of being nervous.  Knox got out and helped Lucy out and then it was Nix's turn. As they walked into the church she could hear the music playing for Momma Becky to walk down and be seated. Then it was Lucy's turn . And finally it was showtime for her. Knox asked her if this is what she wanted and she said," I love BG with all my heart and he is the air I need to live Knox. So yeah this is what I want." He kissed her on the head and said,"well lets go get you hitched baby girl."
     Nix walks in the Marry Me by Train. As she walks down the aisle her eyes never leave BG. He stands up front in his black pants and white shirt and black vest. He has tears in his eyes as he watches the woman he loves walk to him. She takes his breath away. He can't stop it and he really doesn't want to. The tears run down his face, he almost lost her and he thanks God everyday that he didn't. She stands next to Knox and the preacher said

We are gathered here today in the sight of God and these witnesses to join in holy matrimony Phoenix Rayne and Brantley Keith, who gives this woman in marriage? Knox said," I do"
Brantley take her by her right hand. Now is there anyone who has just cause that these two should not be married speak now or forever hold your peace.
   Brantley and Phoenix marriage is a covenant between you and God. The Bible tells us that you are to leave your family and hold on to each other forming a new family bond, and just like a 3 cord bond isn't easily broken your marriage with God in in isn't easily broken.
Do you Brantley take Phoenix to be your wedded wife?
Brantley: I do
Do you Phoenix take Brantley to be your wedded husband?
Phoenix: I do
Now you may say your vows Brantley

Phoenix the day you walked into my house and didn't take anything off Kolby and Knox I knew I wanted to her to know you. The more I was around you the more I fell in love, it was hard and fast and then you were almost taken from me. Those six weeks that I couldn't see those baby blues or hear your soft voice I told God that if he would bring you back to me that I promised that I would love you and show you every day for the rest of my life. Today I stand here and make that promise to you. I love you and I promise you that I will show every day that God allows me to take a breath in this world.

Phoenix you may say your vows

Brantley when I came home, it was to heal. Never in a million years did I think that I would fall in love with BG, I thought love wasn't in the cards for me. But you proved me wrong. I love you and while in that coma I had a conversation with God too. I heard you talking and I promised him if he would let me come back I would make you happy and show you just how good love could be between us. You were my lighthouse in the darkness and you continue to be my lighthouse when things get overwhelming to me. I love you and I promise you to show you every day that God gives me breath.

These rings are a symbol of love of how true love has no beginning or end, it is continuous.
Brantley place this ring on Phoenix left hand and repeat after me, with this ring I thee wed
"With this ring I the wed"
Phoenix take this ring and place it on Brantley's left hand and repeat after me, with this ring I thee wed
"With this ring I thee wed"
With their vows and the giving and receiving of rings by the authority vested in me by the great state of Georgia and the Almighty God, I pronounce you husband and wife, what God has joined together let no one tear apart. You may kiss your bride.
Brantley pulls Phoenix in close and kisses her with their tears mingling together. He pulls back and takes his thumb and brushes hers away before giving her a final peck on the lips. The minister said" it is my great pleasure to introduce to you Mr and Mrs Brantley Keith Gilbert."