Chapter 14

Nix has stabilized and she is in ICU but she hasn't regained consciousness. Brantley is sitting by her bed talking to her and holding her hand when the doctor comes in. He said I have her results from the scans. She is one very lucky woman, she has a broken leg but it's clean and will take 6-8 weeks to heal. We will put her in a cast when the bone Doctor gets here. She is really bruised and banged up. She has a brain injury and to be honest the longer she stays unconscious the less chance she will come back to us. She is in a coma, her brain needs time to heal. There is no way of telling you how bad it is until she wakes up. She may not have any residual effects or she may not remember anything at all, we just don't know. The shock her body went through is why her heart stopped beating. We will continue to monitor her head injury but the best thing for her is to hear someone she knows talk to her. I'm sorry I don't have any better news for you than that, it's a waiting game son with no timeframe. BG thanked him for the update and turned back to Nix holding her hand and talking to her about his plans for the next tour. He was thinking of asking his longtime friend Justin Moore to come out with him and maybe Colt Ford. He told her he had a new tattoo idea and they she needed to wake up cause he wanted her to do it instead of Knox. He kept talking about anything and everything to her trying to get her to wake up. Knox came in and told him to go get some sleep and BG told him he wasn't leaving her.
Knox said,"when she wakes up she will need both of us to be on our game and there ain't any way you will be if you don't get some rest."
BG said," I need her to see me when she opens her eyes that way she knows I'm here and that I love her and yeah I said it Knox. I love Nix I can't live without her so I ain't leaving her so quit wasting your breath." BG turned back to Nix and Knox said," Well can you please give me a few minutes with my sister alone?"
BG turned to look at Knox and got up and said," I will be right outside if she starts to wake up you let me know." Knox nodded before sitting down in the chair and taking her hand.
"Hey sis, it's me your Knox. I know you can hear me and I want you to know that I love you girl. I know I give you a hard time but it's only because I love you. I'm sorry I ran you off when you turned 18 but I promised momma I would watch out for you, I think she would be disappointed in me cause I haven't done a very good job. You have you a good man, the ride or die kind Nix. The thing is you need to wake up and spend your life giving us both hell. He loves you Nix and he's a really staying strong but if you don't hurry and wake up I'm afraid he's gonna blow a gasket. He's done threatened the doctor and nurses and kicked one off your case for saying something about you. You would be loving every minute of it sis. But it's not just BG its me too. I love you Nix and I can't lose you so you got to quit sleeping and wake your ass up you hear me sis."

Nix was warm and wondering why everything was so dark. She could hear BG talking to her and telling her road stories from his tours and she heard him singing his songs to her but then she thought she heard him say he loved her. That made her happy because she loves him too. She meant it when she told him she was tide or die. Wait did he say he wanted her to ink him, oh what she wouldn't do to get ahold of that body with her tattoo needle. Now Knox is talking and telling her to wake up and that he was sorry he ran her off and didn't do such a good job protecting her. Wow! She knows she will have to set him straight. He was telling her BG loved her and then he told her to wake her ass up, that just pissed her off, it wasn't like she wasn't trying but she couldn't find the way out of this damn darkness.