Chapter 18

It's the night of the awards show and BG is dressed in his black jeans,black tshirt, black jacket, and his signature black cap. Nix wore a short black leather and lace dress with killer heels. They were talking to Justin Moore and Katie when Jana walked by and she made a comment and Nix laughed and ignored her. BG said," you ain't gonna respond?"
Nix said," to what? She's jealous that you are mine and well I don't have time for high school drama."  Katie and Justin laughed at her answer and Justin told BG that he had a keeper  in Nix.
   It was their turn to walk the red carpet and do interviews. They were having their pictures taken and someone asked who she was and BG answered Phoenix. The recognition on the reporters faces when he said that was priceless. Bobby Bones asked how long they had been together and BG said," I don't know because it feels like my life just started the day I met her."
Bobby asked," Phoenix is a VS Angel for those of you who don't know but we haven't seen you in a while.
Phoenix said" yeah I have taken a break from modeling. I do some things every now and then  but I have been focused on other things and moved back home to the South."
Bobby asked how BG felt about being up for album of the year against Eric Church and Garth Brooks
BG said," I'm still in shock I think, I love both those guys and their music and Garth has been my idol growing up in the music world. Just to be nominated is a honor."
Bobby Bones wished him good luck and sent them inside.
They had seats with Justin and Katie and were having a great time when Eric Church came by and spoke to them, then a little later Garth came by and talked. The show started and it was so much fun for Nix to be a part of.
  It was time for the award that BG was up for and the winner is..... Brantley Gilbert.
BG just sits there for a moment then he looks at Nix and gets up and kisses and hugs her. He shakes hand with Ericand Garth and so many others as he makes his way to the stage. He takes the award and says:

    First of all I have to give thanks to the good Lord above because I wouldn't be here able to make music without him. Thank you to my label and Scott I couldn't do it without you. Thank you to my fans who buy my albums and tickets and support us, this is for you guys. Y'all made this happen. To Eric and Garth what an honor it is to be in this category with you both. To my family who has been with me every step of the way I love you and thank you for your support. To Phoenix, you are my world woman and I love you darlin' so tonight we are celebrating!  Thanks again to all the people who make this happen country radio and the fans, y'all are the best!!!
BG goes backstage and then he comes back on to perform a song. At the end of the song, he tells everyone that he almost lost the love of his life earlier in the year but that she was still with him and that he had a surprise for her and could they help him get her up on stage. Everyone started clapping and Justin stood up and helped her to the stage. BG said," Nix you know I love you baby and I made you a promise when I thought I was gonna lose you that if God seen fit to save you I would do this, and he drops to one knee and pulls out a ring box, so Phoenix Rayne will you make me the happiest man in this world and agree to be my wife, she looked at him with tears in her eyes and said,"yes but I want more than that I want your patch" BG smiles from ear to ear and said," already got it baby just waiting on you"
He slides the ring on her finger and they walk backstage and get the congratulations from everyone.