Chapter 1

Nix is driving down the road with the windows of her jeep down and her radio blaring Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gimme Three Steps when her phone rang.
She answered with "Yo what do you need?"
Knox said," Gonna send you an address you need to come to instead of my place. Having a bonfire and its just some friends of mine hanging out and you can meet them all at one time."
Nix said," Okay bro shoot it to me"
She gets the address and pulls it up on her phone GPS and turns the radio back up. She's singing along with the radio feeling freer than she has in a long time. She loves the fresh air, the smell of fresh cut grass and honeysuckle. Being back in the south is gonna be great she can already tell. As she listens to the GPS  and makes this last turn and sees that she had one more into the driveway.
      As she pulls up and parks she unhooks her phone and slides it in the back pocket of her cutoff shorts. She looks in the mirror thinking she might should have stopped and freshened up but what the hell. They can like her or not she don't care. She has her Lynyrd Skynyrd Tshirt on and her hair is loose she runs her fingers through it and climbs out of her jeep.           
        She makes her way to where she hears music and as she turns the corner she feels like someone is watching her. She looks around and finally noticed a tall man on the porch above her. He had on a t shirt and ripped jeans and a goatee beard. He nodded his head as he asked if he could help her. Nix replied," looking for Knox"  The man said,"He's inside come on around" She eyed him and he said," come on darlin we don't bite unless that's what your into" She rolled her eyes and said,"You can't handle me" 
     As she walks inside she hears Imagine Dragons blaring so she knows that Knox is working for some strange reason he likes this group to work to. She can't stand it and follows the guy and sees that Knox it working on a back piece. He takes a break from the skin wiping it off and she takes that moment to make her presence known "What kind of man listens to crap like this I tell you what kind one without any balls"
Everyone in the room turns to looks at her and Knox said without looking,"What kind of bitch comes in here and bashes my music I tell you what kind one whose gonna get an ass whooping" 
The tension in the room was thick when she replied,"last time you tried that Knox I believe you were the one on the ground" 
He said," Cause you don't fight fair Nix"
She smiled and said," don't ever plan on it either now step back and let me see this piece of work"
Knox got up and hugged her and he said," it's been to damn long sis"
Nix hugged him back," I know but I'm here now" 
She walked over and looked at the back and said," looks real good considering"
Knox said,"considering what"
Nix said,"Considering that you are the second best artist"
Knox replied," Whose the best"
Nix replies," me of course"
Knox looks at her and they guy who brought her in laughs and said," you think you are better than Knox, you don't even have tats"
Nix said," Boy, I done told you that you couldn't handle me and I will say this just because you can't see them don't mean I don't have them. Who do you think did Knox tats me that's who. Nobody touches his skin but me."
Knox said," For all of you who don't know or hasn't figured it out this is my baby sister I have been telling you about. This is Nix and she's staying with me for a while." They all said hey and glad to meet you. The guy on the table said," if y'all are through Knox are you finished on this session?"
Knox said," Sorry man yeah I was just about to tell you when Miss Smart Ass came in and interrupted."
The man got up and Knox wrapped the tattoo of the pistol. He turned around and said," I'm Brantley, or BG or just B, whatever you prefer. Glad to meet the famous Nix I have heard so much about. " 
Nix stands there and realizes who she is talking to, one of her favorite artists. She turns to Knox and said," I'm gonna kick your ass" Knox laughs and BG says," I'm missing something"
Knox said," Ask Nix what she listens to when she works"
BG said,"Why? What's going on?"
At that time Nix phone rings and you heard If You Want A Bad Boy. She looks at Knox and said,"asshole" and walks outside.
   BG turns to Knox and said," man that ain't cool, she's your sister"
Knox said,"Ah BG she's fine, she's just been up north too long."
BG said," you don't do shit like that especially when you haven't seen her in 2 years man, it just ain't right"
Knox looked at BG and said," you like my sister"
BG said," If she can come in here and not take crap off you and Kolby then yeah I like her. Now let's go get this party started."
Knox followed BG out the door and down to the fire pit. He didn't see Nix anywhere and it made him think that he might have pushed it to far. Bubba handed him a beer and told him to lighten up this was a party. The girls had arrived and it was time to mingle.
  BG grabbed some water and went looking for Nix he found her sitting on the dock at the pond. He walks up and she turns to see who it was. BG said," can I sit"
Nix replies," yeah I mean I'm pretty sure this must be your place"
BG chuckled," you are right but I will keep walking if you don't want me to sit, I ain't about forcing myself on a lady"
Nix laughed," Knox would be sure to tell you I'm no lady"
BG smiled and it was one that would make any female drop her panties," oh from where I'm sitting you look like a lady to me"
Nix laughed and said,"sweet talker I see"
BG said," no just call em like I see em. Can I ask a question?"
Nix said," yeah but technically you just did"
BG asked," you said you were the best tattoo artist, I have never known an artist that didn't have tattoos, so do you have some?"
Nix grinned and leans close to his ear," That's for me to know and you to find out."
BG smirks and leans close to her ear and says,"I plan on it darlin' but I think we might need to get back in the crowd before one of us gets burned and about our meeting, glad to know you are a fan of my music"
BG gets up and holds his hand out for Nix to get up. She takes it and he pulls her close and leans down and places a hard kiss on her lips before turning and walking to the fire pit.