Chapter 2

Nix follows BG back to the party and is sitting in a camp chair listening to the music when this guy walks over. She looks up at him as he stands by her chair and says," Sweet cheeks how about you and me go for a little walk and get to know each other a little better." Nix looks at him and said," boy you need to keep walking and use that lame ass line on someone else, cause it don't work on me"
"Bitch you need to realize your place and it's on your damn knees sucking me off" the guy said.
Nix stood up and said," Boy don't you ever say anything remotely like that to me again if you don't want to be singing soprano for the rest of your life because I will kick your balls so far up your ass they will think your tonsils are swollen and remove them. Do I make myself clear?"
The guy came around and hit her with his fist and she turned and kicked him in between the legs and he immediately hit the ground writhing and rolling around and cussing her with every breath. Nix  squatted down and said." Next time you want to talk to a girl I suggest you show some damn respect, ya got me?"
Nix made her way to the drink table and grabbed the bottle of Jim and headed back to the dock. She really couldn't deal with any more assholes tonight.

BG was talking with a group of his biker friends and Kolby came up and said," Bro, Nix just put Chase on the ground and grabbed a bottle of Jim and disappeared."
BG asked,"Where's Knox? I don't want the cops called cause he's lost it if I can help it. What happened?"
Kolby said," I didn't see it all just saw her kick him in between the legs bend over and say something and left after grabbing a bottle of Jim. Knox is off screwing some girl. I think he forgot Nix was even here man."
BG said," okay I will handle it" as he walked down to the dock hoping she was there. He saw her sitting on the dock and said," we got to quit meeting like this darlin', now tell me what has you out here all by yourself instead of enjoying the party."
Nix turned and said," just don't feel like being around a crowd now"
BG looked at her and said in a low quiet growl," Who hit you? And don't even think about lying"
Nix laughed," I ain't gonna lie for no spineless bastard that thinks it's okay to hit a woman. I don't know who it was but last time I seen him he was on the ground singing soprano and probably still there." She took a drink out of the bottle and said" I would share but I think I need it more than you."

BG said,"Don't go anywhere I will be back , okay" He walked back to the firepit and saw Chase was standing up and BG heard him say," I told her that she needed to realize her place was on her damn knees sucking me off." BG saw red and he said"Son you just fucked with the wrong person. I'm about to kick your ass, you ain't gonna come to my house and put your hands on a woman on my property." Chase said" BG come on man she ain't worth you gettin worked up about its just some tramp hanging around"  BG took his shirt off and said," I'm about to teach you some RESPECT boy" the crowd had made a circle around them and BG told him that he meant what he said he was about to whoop his ass. Chase got mad and told him if he thought he could over a piece of cheap ass than go ahead. BG threw a punch and landed it and they went at it and BG knocked Chase on the ground and continues to pound on his face until Kolby pulled him off. BG stood up and said," get your ass off my property and don't ever come back cause if you do next time you will be looking down the barrel of a gun"
Kolby said," what is up with you Bro, Chase is your friend? Are you drinking again?"
BG looked at Kolby and said," No I ain't drinking and he ain't no friend of mine. Cause my friends ain't gonna think it's okay to hit a woman on my property and get away with it, just because she wouldn't suck his dick. I ain't never been okay with that shit and it ain't startin now bro. Now I'm gonna go find Nix since her brother is MIA and doesn't seem to give 2 shits about her."

BG went back to the dock and Nix was halfway through the bottle of Jim. BG sat down and said," want to tell me why you think drinking that by yourself is a good idea"
Nix smiled," it's not,  I will regret it in the  morning when I am puking my guts out. But right now I don't care BG."
"Well why don't you hand me that bottle and we can talk or just sit here and listen to the country night." BG said
Nix handed him the bottle, "What do you want to talk about"
BG said," Why don't you tell me why you really sold your shop in New York and hightailed it back to Georgia and not that shit story you told Knox about just missing being in the south"
Nix laughed and it was music to BG's ears. She said," well that is the truth I do miss being in the south, the fresh air, the dirt roads and knowing that there are good people that are neighbors."
BG said," I know there is something else darlin' I have run enough to know the signs. So what are you running from or is it who ?"
Nix looked at BG and said, "where did you go when you left a minute a go?"
BG said," I had to take care of some business and you avoided my question"
Nix turns and said," Well I left because I was tired of being surrounded by people and still being alone. I was in a relationship and I felt alone. I woke up one day and realized that life wasn't meant to be like that. I was putting all I had in a relationship that was going nowhere and maybe that was my fault."
" I get it Nix, I understand about being surrounded by people but still feeling alone, that's why I still live in Georgia. These people don't give a shit that I'm a country music star they still see me as that Gilbert boy who raised hell and caused his momma to worry. They are proud of me yeah but aren't afraid to tell the stories they know about me if they feel I'm getting to big for my britches." BG told her.
Nix grins and said," I'd like to see you too big for your britches. I bet that is a sight to see, yum"
BG ducks his head and smirks," well I think we need to get you to the house and in the bed so you can sleep it off before you say anymore."
Nix said," only if it's in your bed"
BG picks her up," I can handle that darlin'"
He walks around the firepit and up to his house and takes her to his room pulling off her shorts and boots and placing her in his bed. He turns and walks out looking back before closing the door.