Chapter 12

Nix has a long day, her 12:30pm appointment was a back piece on a woman. It was a set of wings and it was gonna be an amazing piece when she got it finished. They were taking a break right now, it was 7pm and Nix was so tired. She knew she had a couple more hours on this tattoo and then she would be done. The lady comes back in and Nix gets started back and had her work playlist going and it was full of BG's music. Right now One Hell of an Amen was playing, that song still made Nix hurt sometimes. She continues to work and listen to different songs when Knox came to the door and said that he was done and heading out. Nix told him she would be as soon as she finished and cleaned up. Nix finished and it was 10 pm when she finally was ready to walk out the door. She was totally exhausted and couldn't wait to get home and take a shower and crawl in the bed.
Nix got in the jeep and pulled out heading to BG's house. She realized she needed to look for her own place. She couldn't continue to not know where she called home. She loved her brother but she couldn't live with Knox for any length of time without killing him cause he would start the overprotective shit and that was the whole reason she left to go to New York. She couldn't keep staying at BG's cause even though they were together he hadn't asked her to move in well truth be told it was way to early for that. Nix was lost in thought and never saw the truck run the stop sign until it was too late and it hit her with the metal crushing metal. She felt intense pain before she felt the blackness over take her. The last thing on her mind was BG and how she realized he made her truly happy and she would never be able to tell him.

Brantley is at home and he has been working on some songs today while she was working. She sent him a text saying she was leaving the shop a little bit ago. He looks at his phone and he realizes she should have been here already. He calls her and her phone goes to voicemail. He calls Knox and asks him if he has talked to Nix lately and Knox said she called when she left the shop heading to your place. Why isn't she with you? Brantley tells him no she hasn't gotten there and that was over an hour ago. Knox told him he would head toward the shop and Brantley said he'd do the same. Brantley gets in his truck and heads to the shop and he gets to the intersection and there are blue lights flashing and he hears the ambulance coming and he feels his stomach drop. He throws the truck in park and runs, when he gets to where he can see , he knows that it's bad  and he finally sees what looks to be 2 vehicles mangled together but can't tell what it is. He goes forest and the sheriff stops him Brantley asks him who it is and the sheriff said someone from New York in a jeep who was hit by a dump truck that appeared to have run the red light. Brantley fights his way through and he sees Nix lying on the road with blood everywhere and paramedics working on her. He gets his phone out of his pocket and calls Knox and said for him to meet him at the hospital. Brantley walks closer and they tell him he needs to leave but he leans down next to Nix's ear and said, "this is just a pause baby you are still breathing so fight like hell to come back to me."