Chapter 13

The sheriff comes up to BG and asks if he knows her and BG just nodded and finally said," she's my girlfriend and Knox's baby sister". The sheriff said,"I'm sorry BG but they need to load her now." He nods and follows them to the waiting ambulance and then he watches the doors close and he feels like he has been stomped in the gut. He heads to his truck and throws gravel when he spins off heading to the hospital. He calls Kolby on the way knowing he couldn't be alone. He pulls into the hospital parking lot and gets out running into the ER entrance calling out Nix's name and he sees Knox. Knox comes to him and said," what the hell happened BG?" The doctor comes into the lobby asking for Phoenix Bond family and Knox and Brantley went to him. They both said "She goes by Nix that's what she will answer to not Phoenix" The doctor nodded and said," We have her doing scans but looks like so far she has a traumatic brain injury. We couldn't tell if she had anything else. She had a head wound and that is where we think all the blood came from. She is breathing on her own and that is a really good sign but I'm gonna be honest it may not be good, so you both need to prepare yourself for the worst. Brantley looked at the doctor and said," you listen to me, she is gonna make it and if you don't believe that then I will get someone in here who does. I will use all the money I have to make sure she has the best care possible. Spare no expense when it comes to her care but I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANYONE , who doesn't think she's gonna recover from this , DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?" The doctor nodded and said," I will update you as soon as I can."
   Knox is crying and BG looked at him and said,"Get that shit  out of your system cause she's gonna need us to be strong and crying for her ain't gonna cut it."
Knox looked at him," Nix is my baby sister I promised my momma on her deathbed that I'd take care of her and I can't lose her BG"  BG pulled Knox into a hug and said," Brother she is one tough grown ass woman and she would be so mad at us for crying so we gotta be strong for her even though I did the same thing when I saw her."

They hear a page"Code Blue Trauma 1, Code Blue Trauma 1" Knox looked at BG and he was on his knees in the floor with tears flowing down his face. He hears BG whisper," Dear God please don't take my girl. I love her and she is just starting to live. Please God, I need that woman in my life, she's all I see and if you give me the chance I will show her and protect her and give her everything." 
Knox is hit with his sister may be dying and his best friend loves her and not only would it kill him to lose her but BG too. So Knox pleads with God to spare Nix cause looking at his best friend right now he wouldn't only lose his sister but his brother if she dies.

   Nix was cold and she didn't understand why everything was so dark. She heard BG tell her that she was still breathing and to come back to him but wait she heard her momma. She turns to the sound of her momma's voice and she saw her mother and Nix ran to her. Her momma opened her arms and hugged her," Phoenix Rayne you have grown into a beautiful woman and I am so proud of you but baby as much as I want you here with me you have to go back. Knox needs you and that man of yours needs you. He's a good one Phoenix, he's gonna be a great daddy to your babies. Phoenix said," momma I'm not pregnant" her momma smiles ," not yet baby but you are gonna be and that is what is important so give me a hug and start making your way back to those men cause they are lost without you."
Nix sees this beautiful light and her momma tells her that she needs to run from the light. Run back to BG and Knox she turns and she sees BG on the floor crying and that kills her so she runs toward him and the light disappears. She finally feels warmth again and she is trying to find BG and Knox but she is so tired and starts thinking about babies and how happy having BG's babies would make her. She smiles thinking about her man.