Chapter 16

BG is on his way to Nashville with the band to  start recording for the new album. Nix had gotten to come home from the hospital but the doctor said no traveling just yet until they saw how she adjusted from being in a coma for 6 weeks. BG and Nix fought over him going and she threatened to go back to Knox's house if he didn't go. So BG gave in cause there was no way in hell that he was letting her move back to Knox's house. While she was in the coma  BG had the club move her stuff to his house. Knox told him that there would be hell to pay when she woke up. BG grins thinking about when she walked into his house and her stuff was there. She asked him who the hell he thought he was and he replied your ol man. She had just grinned and said bout time cowboy. Now to get started on this so he could get back home to Nix. It has been 2 weeks since she came home and he is ready to show her how much he loves her and has missed her.
   Knox calls Nix and asks if she wants to come to work today and Nix tells him to swing by and pick her up since she no longer has a ride. BG had told her they were going to look for her something as soon as he got back from Nashville. Knox pulls up 15 minutes later and they are off to the shop. He said he had a ton of work for both of them but for her to take it as slow as she needed to getting back into things. Nix just grins at him and said," I'm fine bro but if you need to go slower since you are old that's fine."  Knox said," that smart mouth is gonna get you in trouble one day sis" Nix just grinned. They arrive at the shop and they walk in and Roxy the front desk girl comes around and hugs Nix and tells her that she's glad she's back. Nix asks what she has first and Roxy said a basic is supposed to be coming in wanting lyrics of her favorite song  and then you have a cover up that will probably take the rest of your day. Nix nodded and told her to let her know when her first client got there.
Nix was at her station when Roxy walked her first client back and it was a lady that was about mid twenties and Nix stood up and introduced herself and told her to sit down. She asked what she was there for and the lady told her she wanted Brantley Gilbert's lyrics tattooed on her right shoulder. Nix asked which lyrics was she wanting and was there any particular reason for them. The lady told her "one hell of an amen fighting the good fight until the good Lord calls you home" and they were for her brother who was killed overseas a couple of months ago. Nix said okay now where do you want it and she told her back right shoulder. Nix draws it up in a pretty script and asks her what she thinks. The lady starts to cry and said it's beautiful. Nix said can I make a suggestion and add a small feather with its pieces coming off and she drew it up for her and the lady said," you are sent from God because you don't know my brother but he was apart of the Screaming Eagles and that is perfect and it's a sign from him to me." Nix gets started and they are talking and Knox comes in and said"BG wants to know why you aren't answering your phone" Nix said," cause I'm working why didn't you tell him that cause you can hear my music playing in here dumbass" Knox asked him to FaceTime him. BG is on his phone and Knox said "this way you can see that she is okay and working brother. Your music is on and she's in the zone. Looks like she's also tattooing your lyrics on someone." BG said"well there has to be a story behind that tattoo ask her Knox. " Knox said,"Is there a reason behind this tattoo? " The lady said "yeah it's for my brother who died 2 months ago overseas he was part of the Screaming Eagles hence the feather that Nix added. She's amazing she didn't know it and said after she drew the lyrics what about a feather. I hadn't thought about that and it was just a sign from my brother that he's still watching out for me. Brantley Gilbert's song is amazing and when I heard it I knew that it would be the perfect tattoo to remember my brother by and to honor him." BG said," Hey there darlin' anytime you want to come to a show that is near you get in touch with Knox or Nix and they can get in touch with me. I would be honored to have you as my guest." The lady looked around at Knox and said," I didn't know he was on the phone. But thank you I will"  Nix grinned and said," Hey baby how's Nashville?"
BG said," I hate it cause you aren't here with me. But I see you are working and it's important so I won't bother you baby."
Nix sat up and wiped off the excess ink and blood and said," I'm done and told the lady to go have a look. BG saw the finished piece and said," that is awesome darlin' you do great work" Nix grinned and said," yeah I told you I was the best. I love you but I've got a big coverup to do I will text you when I finish it okay." BG said," okay baby I love you"
Nix said," I love you too" She have the lady instructions on caring for the tattoo and then went to get the next one and it would take the rest of the day.