03 : Text Message

Start from the beginning

"He slapped me," I didn't want to go into it. "And I got lost on my way home..."

I told her everything.
Everything.
I even told her about the text messages and the black mustang that had been following me.
Her eyes flickered with fear as soon as I finished.
"Did you ever consider the one texting you is this Justin guy? Like... it seems kinda sketchy." She mumbled.

I shook my head frantically, tears rolled down my neck. "I asked if it was him but-"

My phone pinged.

My heart thudded in my chest as I reached for it.
A message spread across the screen and I felt like vomiting.

'Aw, you're telling your friends about me. I feel special :')'

----------------

It was the day my parents flew home from Europe.
I was so relieved.
I knew I needed to tell them everything, but I didn't know how.
My mom and step-dad wouldn't know how to handle this situation any better than I would.

I hung around the lockers, I decided to miss my class.
I was too distracted.

It was three days since Justin had saved me, and there was not one moment when I didn't think about him.
I know I should just forget about it, it was just something that happened.
But I couldn't.

A voice cut me off from my thoughts. "Y/n..."

I spun around and collided with Chris's chest. His emerald green eyes flecked with gold stared down at me, they were sad and lost. He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't find the words.
I moved back quickly, but he caught my wrist. "Please don't go." He whispered.

"Don't touch me." I snapped, ripping my hand away from his grasp.

His eyes clouded with hurt and confusion, he ran a hand through his messy brown hair. "Listen, Y/n... all I can say is that I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

"I don't care. You can't change what happened," I felt the backs of my eyes burning. Everything we ever had suddenly seemed fake, like it was all just a dream. "Now leave me the fuck alone."
As soon as the words left my lips, I was slammed up against the locker.
Before the other night, I had never seen an aggressive side of him, I wondered what had suddenly changed.
"GET OFF!" I screamed.

"Y/n, you can't walk away from us." His voice cracked, tearing me apart.
The moment I opened my mouth to speak, my phone pinged.
And my heart thumped faster.
He looked at me with confusion. "What's wrong? I can practically hear your heartbeat." He mumbled.

I pushed him off me and reached for my phone which was buried deep in the pocket of my white skinny jeans.
A message flashed on the screen.

'What the fuck does he think he's doing? You're mine and only mine.'

I looked around frantically. There was no one in these halls except Chris and I.
"What are you looking for, Y/n. You're scaring me." He whispered.

My phone pinged again.
'He should be scared.'

Something inside me snapped. "WHOEVER YOU ARE, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE. YOU FUCKING CREEP." The anger in my voice rippled off the walls, making Chris jump back in shock.