«twenty»

•kylie•

today was my first day of school without hayes and i already knew it would suck. i walked alone, ariel wanted to walk with me and we could talk about hayes but i told her i just wanted to be alone on the way.

i walked through the doors of the school sad and alone. someone ran up to me and i hoped it was ariel and it was skylar my used to be bestfriend.

"can we please talk before ariel gets here, she'll kick my butt for being near you please it's really important" she pleaded, i knew her better than anybody and i could tell she really wanted to talk so i agreed and we walked behind the school so ariel wouldn't catch us.

"what is it skylar?" i asked.

"look ive been thinking about this ever since the whole thing happened, when i found out cameron dallas was you're brother, yes i freaked out because i was a big fan of him at the time, and those things i told you, like how i was never really your friend was a lie" she admitted. wait she lied but why would she stop being my friend.

"okay, but skylar why would you lie like that and not be my bestfriend anymore, i don't think you get it, i thought my dad died and he was like my bestfriend and you were the only person i had and to find out it was all a lie, and now your telling me that was a lie too what's going on skylar?" i said getting upset.

"well the popular girls told me i could be one of them if i stopped being your bestfriend and i let it get to me, and that was so wrong, kylie i miss you so much please let us be bestfriends again i told them i couldn't take not being your bestfriend you've always been my bestfriend and hope you always will" skylar said. i knew she wasn't lying.

"i miss you too and want you to be my bestfriend i love you so much but ariel hates you" i said to her and her big smile turned into a frown.

"i forgot about her, right i was hoping it could be me and you again im sorry for even trying" she said sad and started to walk away but i stopped her and she had a hopeful face.

"ill talk to her at lunch and i will tell you what happens and if she doesn't agree im still going to you're bestfriend forever okay?" i told her and she smiled, we hugged for the first time in forever. i missed my bestfriend.

"oh and im sorry about hayes, everyone knows don't worry you have me and ariel" she said making me smile. "thanks so much" i told her and she walked ahead so we wouldn't get caught by ariel.

***

"ariel, i need to talk to you about something" i said nervous because i wouldn't know what she would think about this.

"yeah she wanted her 'bestfriend' back like why does she even want to be friends with kylie still" the popular girl said walking past us to one of her minions she calls friends.

"skylar wants to be friends with you again, wow good thing you're not going to let her and if you did i would get so mad at you and probably never talk to you again because she hurt you so bad, so what did you wanna talk about?" she said. i stared at her side eyed.

"oh...uh n-nothing it can wait" i stuttered a little.

"out of curiousity, if i was ever friends with skylar again would you ever except it and be friends with her too?" i asked scared of what she would say. she laughed, that's what i thought.

"im sorry but that would never happen because you wouldn't let her be your bestfriend again and i wouldn't let you" she said. we just sat in silence the rest of lunch.

we were in our history class, which skylar had with me, but not ariel so for our partner work today me and skylar got together and worked.

"so what's the 1st one i couldn't find the answer?" she groaned asking for the question.

"not telling" i laughed with her and she gave me a evil looking face but we laughed it off.

"so how did it go with ariel at lunch?" she asked desperate for what happened.

"well...i didn't get to tell her because of how she kept saying if i forgave you she would get mad and i just didn't have the right time im sorr-" i said but got cut off by someone else.

"kylie..." the voice said cutting me off, i turned to the side and saw...ariel standing there with a dissapoinging look on her face. "hi?" i said more questioning. "i can't believe you!" she half yelled and ran out the room. i just looked down at my fingers which i was playing with nervously.

skylar grabbed my hands making me look up at her.

"im sorry, i shouldnt have asked or else none of this would have happened" she said looking sorry.

"sky, it would have happened either way, i need to talk to her ill be right back" i said giving her a reassuring smile and running after ariel.

i finally reached her sitting by the doors of the school, i sat beside her, she had tears streaming down her face, she didn't move a muscle.

"ariel...im sorry but she's been my bestfriend for so long and she was telling me what happened and everyone deserves a second chance" i told her.

she stayed quiet.

"ariel please say something, she hasn't done anything bad to you i don't get why you don't like her, she's a gre-"

"she's amazing, beautiful, smart, everything, she's perfect for you, the thing i hate about her is that she's taking away my bestfriend" ariel half yelled with tears streaming down her face even more.

she thought skylar was going to tear us apart.

"ariel, she could never take me away from you, without you there's a lot of things i wouldn't be doing, i think you should give it a try, all three of us" i said hoping she would say yes.

"okay we can be all three friends only if you promise me that you will always be my bestfriend and not let her take our friendship away" she said sticking out her pinky, we locked pinkies. "promise"