Chapter 39

Chapter 39: What about The tattoo?
Dylan's P.O.V

I walked into he nice looking building after exiting the taxi. I sighed and I stopped to look around. It looked nice.

I started to climb the stairs and I didn't know why my heart was beating so fast. This is what I wanted, so I'm here to do it.

I took a deep breathe as I approached the door and I just stood in front of it. I just stared at it. Knock.

Just knock.

Why aren't you knocking?

Just knock!

After a minute of more staring I slowly brought my hand up and knocked on the door.

Oh god, my heart.

I heard footsteps behind the door and I gulped. It soon opened and a man, probably in his forties appeared. His hair was still black with a few gray strands sticking out. He looked like a regular guy, but I instantly knew this was Autumns father. She looked like him.

I was now ten times as nervous as I already was. What the hell is happening to me?

"Can I help you?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

He kind of sounded like a godfather from one of those movies.

I cleared my throat before I spoke. "Um, my name's Dylan. Dylan Sawyer and I came to see Autumn." I said the last part quietly.

Mr. O'Ryan raised his eyebrows at me. He looked at me for a while before he spoke again. "You're Dylan?" I nodded my head. "Dylan Sawyer, the one who attended school with my little girl?"

I gulped again, and nodded. This could either go really bad or really good. Mostly bad. Pretty sure 99% of the time, fathers don't really take it too well when they find out a guy is after their daughter. He probably just hates me by telling him who I am.

Mr. O'Ryan just stared at me longer. It was making me uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable.

Soon I heard more footsteps and someone spoke in the background. "Richard, whose at the door?" Shortly after, a woman came into view and she also looked at me, but she smiled.

"Hi." She smiled. Now, I knew this was Autumns mom. Autumn had her eyes and she kind of smiled like Autumn.

I nodded at her with a small smile. "Hi."

"Is anything wrong?"

I shook my head. "No, nothings wrong. It's- um. I- I just came here to see Autumn." I stated. "I'm Dylan."

Mrs. O'Ryan's eyes widened. "You're Dylan?" I nodded my head slowly. "Oh my gosh, um, come in." She pushed her husband out the way, who was still staring at me weirdly, and she gestured to for me to come in.

I slowly made my way inside the apartment and it was decorated pretty nice. Everything was colorful and the Windows had a pretty cool view of the city. They seemed like a creative family.

When Mrs. O'Ryan closed the door, she turned towards me. "Wow, I cant believe you're actually here." She frowned. "Autumns actually not here right now, but she should be back any moment. You're more than welcome to stay here and wait for her."

Aw. She's not here. I needed to see her. Literally my heart keeps tearing apart every minute shes not with me.

I smiled. "Thank you, Mrs. O'Ryan."