Chapter 14

Chapter 14: What about the Party?
Autumns P.O.V

I sat on my bed, typing on my laptop while Tyler sat on the floor watching cartoons.

"Don't you think that's sort of weird, I mean, he's not your actually boyfriend." Tyler told, switching channels.

I threw my pencil at his head. "Doesn't matter. He invited me and I said yes. Plus, I've always wanted to go to Miami."

"You should've come with me on vacation." Tyler smiled.

"Ty, you know I love you but, there's no way in hell I'm going to Alaska."

Tyler threw my pencil back at me and I laughed. "Hey, are you going to Matt's party?"

"Unfortunately." I mumbled.

"I can't wait. You think, we've been on campus for almost two months and no ones thrown a good party." He got up and began looking at my bracelets including the Bond that I still haven't finished. Almost.

"So, has he tried anything on you yet?" Tyler asked about Matt.

I shook my head. "Nope. We're just friends." I told him.

"Mm Hmm. Right." Tyler gave me a sarcastic smile. I stuck my tongue out at him.

Tyler's phone started ringing and he looked at the screen and then at me.

"What?" I asked.

"It's Crystal. She probably wants some alone time..you want me to stay here with you?" Tyler asked.

Tyler always did this. When we were spending time together, and one of his booty calls called him, he would always ask me if I wanted him to stay.

I waved him off. "Go ahead, I'll be fine."

He came over to me and wrapped me in a bear hug. "I'll see you later, Nay." He made his way to the door. "I love you." He pouted dramatically and I smiled.

"I love you too." I waved at him. Okay, back to my paper.

I have to write a prompt. 'What comes to mind when you hear the word us?'

What do I think of that word? Well,
Usually I would think about us, as human beings. Then, us as Americans. After that, us as in me and my family. Then, us as in students here at Stone Brook. Then, us as in.... Dylan and I.

Whoa.

Okay, enough of the prompt. I closed my laptop and made my way over to my desk and picked up the unfinished bracelet.

I began working on it and kept braiding for a while until my phone rang. I groaned. "Why can't people leave me alone." I mumbled and made my way over back to my bed.

I looked at my phone and laughed at the selfie Dylan took of me and him on my phone. Dylan had his eyes crossed and I had my tongue out. I swiped the green button.

"Hello."

"Hey, baby girl."

I smiled like an idiot. I liked it when he called me that. "What's up?"

"Just letting you know I'm picking you up in five minutes."

"Five minutes, I'm not gonna be ready." I told him getting up from the bed and walking over to my closet.