Chapter 29

Chapter 29: What about you... getting high?
Autumns P.O.V

"As much as I miss home, Miami's actually a nice place. As long as Lucas is here I'm fine."

"I think you two are so cute together." I told Gwen.

"Thanks. You and Dylan are too. You remind me of how we used to be when we were in high school."

"High school? How long have you guys been together?" I asked her as we walked through the house to the patio.

Ms.Tanya was having a cookout. However, it was just her, Lucas, Dylan, Gwen, and myself. Oh, and I can't possibly forget Oreo.

Anyway, Lucas and Dylan disappeared a while back and Gwen and I have been talking. Ms. Tanya has been lounging by the pool and I think she feel asleep. She had her sunglasses on, so it was hard to tell.

"Well, I've known him since I was seventeen. I was here visiting my grandmother and I met Lucas at the beach. He and I became best friends during the summer I was here. I had to go back to Manhattan to finish my senior year but Lucas arranged for me to take classes here."

"At first, I didn't know why he wanted me to stay so badly but I did. We attended the same university in California and that's where I realized that I loved him. When we got back to Miami after graduation, Lucas and I started dating and now we're getting married. Sounds pretty complicated." Gwen laughed.

It didn't sound complicated at all. That had to be one of the cutest stories ever told. Why can't every girl get a story like that; I'll tell you why, because love sucks.

Well, not really.

I don't think you guys would believe me if I said that Dylan and I had a moment this morning. It was actually more like a scene. A make out scene. Okay, do you understand?!

I made out with Dylan!

I liked kissing him and it seemed that he enjoyed kissing me. My heart seriously, dropped to my stomach when he kissed me. I'm surprised I haven't crapped it out yet.

Seriously, after the kiss, things weren't really awkward between the two of us. We went on with our day, but we didn't really ignore the situation either. That would've sucked if he acted like it didn't happen.

Dylan went shopping with Lucas today and he said that I couldn't come. Seriously we had a tiny argument about it. But, he said that he'll make it up to me later.

"It seems like your story is perfect." I told Gwen, as we sat in the chairs in the backyard.

"Well, no relationship is perfect. We both had to fight for it." Gwen sighed. "Lucas had to get his shit together, and I had to leave my hometown behind. Not to mention there was also Dylan."

"Dylan?"

"See, when I met Lucas, I also met his family. Dylan didn't really like me at first." She explained.

I nodded my head in understanding. "Speaking of Dylan, I have to say that we're all happy that Dylan has someone like you." Gwen smiled at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" How could I possibly have any effect on Dylan's life except for the fact that his ex hates me because she thinks we're dating.

"Ever since, he went back to California, things have been more calm then they usually are. Ms.Tanya would usually get calls or whatever about Dylan and how he's acting up."

Okay, I guess I did have some impact on Dylan's life. That's a good thing, right?

"It's getting late, maybe we should go find them." Gwen stated.