Chapter 6

Chapter 6: What about his hands?
Autumns P.O.V

I finished typing the last few words on my laptop and closed it.

Another day done. In a few years, all this college shit better be worth it.

I took out my phone and texted Tyler.

'On my way to the gym'

I started walking out of the hall and and once I stepped outside, my phone dinged. I stopped and looked at it, finding Tyler had texted me back.

'Cool. See you in a few, Nay.'

I continued walking and I looked at the tree. The tree where Dylan would always wait for me when I came out of the hall.

He wasn't there. I hope he's okay. He looked pretty mad this morning and I hope he didn't get into any trouble.

I shook my head and continued to walk down the walkway in the direction of the gym. As I passed a little ice cream cart, I spotted Christian.

Of course, I was going to keep walking, however the cut above his eyebrow made me stop. I studied him from a distance. Not only did he have a cut above his eyebrow, his knuckles on his right hand were bruised. There was dry blood and it looked like he punched into a wall twenty times.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What the hell happened to him.

I wanted to just ignore it and tell myself, it was none of my business, albeit, I couldn't help myself than to move towards Christian.

He was talking to the guy managing the cart and when I approached them they both looked at me.

"Hey, Autumn." Christian smiled at me.

I gave him a small smile back. I cleared my throat. "Um, hey Christian. I'm just curious, but, what happened to your hands?" I asked softly.

He looked down at his hands and back up at me. "Oh, don't worry about it." He shrugged it off.

Don't worry about it? Of course I'm going to worry about it.

"Are you sure? You're not hurt?" I asked.

He shook his head and waved his hand. "Really, I'm okay. Don't worry about me." He told me, offering a small smile after. I nodded and turned away.

I continued to make my way to the gym. I haven't been there in a while. Last time, Tyler was practicing for the soccer championship last year. The practicing paid off because Tyler scored the last four winning shots.

It was amazing.

I reached the gym and entered. You'd think in a gym, they'd have air conditioning. They don't. I don't know how, but it's actually hotter in the building than outside. That's the most ridiculous thing on this campus besides Alexis and her sluttiness.

It's a word.

I started to walk towards the room that's just for soccer. Like a basketball court, the floor had the lines of an actual field.

As I passed, I heard grunting coming from one of the rooms. I ignored it because, it's a gym. There are a lot of people grunting. Then the same voice yelled out.

"Dammit!"

Wait a minute. I knew that voice. It was angry, but it still sounded familiar.