Chapter 38

Chapter 38: What about New York?
Autumns P.O.V

I sat on the bench and I was playing candy crush on my phone while the music was blasting in my ears. I still wanted the world out.

I was in JFK waiting for my sister. I was back in New York and I have to say I feel slightly better than I did last week.

I still did miss Dylan but I tried really hard not to think about him. I failed, though.

He was on my mind every single minute of the day- sort of- and once I started thinking about him, I couldn't stop.

I missed the way he would smirk at me. I missed our conversations. I missed it when he would be there every single time I woke up. And for the few days when we slept together- side by side- he would bury his nose in my neck or my Cheek. Like a big adorable baby.

Most of all, I missed how he called me his baby girl.

I started to chew on my nails as I thought about Dylan. Oh my goodness, I just wanted him here.

As much as I wanted to hate him, I couldn't.

He couldn't have said anything worse to me. I was already pretty certain that he didn't want me and that he only wanted her. Then, he goes and not only confirms it but tells me that none of what we had was real.

Did we even have anything? I don't know.

He said he loved me. And I believed him. I mean, he sounded like he meant it and I really do believe he did.

But then.... that happened.

I wanted to believe that he didn't mean anything he said. But, he seemed so serious. Like he really meant it. It just made me confused.

I just sat and waited when another song started playing.

Oh you've got to be kidding me.

'Feeling used
But I'm still missing you'

I can't even be surprised. I put on my okay list I listen to when I'm in a depressing mood. Thinking about Dylan made me sad.

'I hate you, I love you
I hate that I love you
Don't want to, but I can't put
Nobody else above you
I hate you, I love you
I hate that I want you
You want her, you need her
And I will never be her'

Ugh.

Soon, a shadow covered me and blocked me from the light. Why did people have to provoke me in any way they could?

"Hey, ever heard of personal space. Back off, you're blocking my light, asshole." I snapped. I looked up, and my face fell.

Oh my gosh!

I took the earbuds out and shot out of my seat. I immediately gave my sister the biggest hug in the world and she returned it.

"Winter!"

"Autumn!" She mocked me. "You know, for someone who told me to get out her personal space, you're all up in mine." Winter laughed in my ear. I pulled back from her and looked at her.

She looked awesome. And just like me. We were now the same height and even though her hair was in its natural curls, you could definitely tell we were related. "Oh my gosh, you've gotten taller. Now we're the same height." I pouted.