Chapter 22

Florence's POV

I looked behind me in James's car to see Benny fast asleep! The small dimples on his cheeks were far more prominent when he was asleep that awake. I smiled as I turned back around to James. He had the same dimples which I could just about see now.

James's eyes flickered to mine and I quickly looked away.

I had been waiting for the past week for him to ask me out and every time I think he's going too, he doesn't.

What a douche!

I started to click my nails together as we drove closer and closer to home. I could see James's irritation by my habit but I didn't care, I've always done it so I don't see why I should stop now.

"Stop it Flow" he said.

I looked over to him again.
"Nope"

I turned back with a smug Smile on my face. How I loved to tease James.

He groaned but didn't say anything more about it. We stayed in an awkward silence for a while. I waited. This could be the perfect time for him to ask me out.

I waited

He didn't ask me out.

I sighed as pressed the radio button and let the silence retreat. Would he ever ask me out?

A small snore was heard from the back of the car. I smiled to myself.

We rolled up too the house and I  got out, started to walk up the stares rapidly as I did.

"FLOWER" James shouted. I turned quickly to see him carrying Benny who was very much awake now.

"You idiot Raggazino, you woke Benny up!" I scolded him (why am I thinking of 50 shades of grey right now 😂 I think I need help!) ( okay now I'm thinking about kids as well- this is not a good mixture I think I need to turn my imagination off!)

"He was already awake I promise" James said as he put Benny down. The small boy ran straight past me and into the house, his small feet crunching against the stones in the floor with each step.

(I'm hungry)

"Hey listen I've been meaning to ask you something Flower" James rubbed his hand on the back of his knock in a nervous fashion,

This was it. The moment I had been waiting for. Finally he was planning on asking me out.

I waited as I always did. Patiently waiting for the question I had been desperate to hear for weeks.

"Are you on your period?"

Are you kidding me! What THE HELL!

James put his hands up in defence. "Mum wanted to know, I'm not a pedo I swear. She was just asking what we needed to buy and you weren't there and she asked me to tell you and I'm SORRY!"

I looked at him with pure horror. Before I knew what I was doing I turned around in my heels, walked upstairs to my bedroom, fell into my bed and screamed!

I have never been more embarrassed!

And my skirt once blew up in front of my whole class. (By the wind not an explosion) ( I think I was the only person thinking that actually so never mind 😂)

A knock sounded at my door about an hour later but I didn't answer it. Nothing would change the embarrassment I felt right now. I thought he was going to ask me out not ask me about my time if the month.

Worst. Day. Ever.

James's POV

I sat down at the table with my brothers and Florences'.

"So how did it go?"

I looked up from the table. My face bright red.

"I didn't ask her out..., I asked her if she was in her period" I whispered.

Silence filled the room. Nobody dared speak for nobody knew if I was joking or not. Let's be honest, everyone hoped I was.

After a few minutes one line was spoken before everyone left the room.

"I think you need help with the ladies James- you suck (that just autocorrected to duck).

"I know" I muttered "I know"