Chapter 18

It's been 4 days.

4 days of trying to get better and eat more food.

4 days of failing to eat more than a few mouthfuls, but it's still progress.

4 days since I was asked to stand up against my father in courts.

Today's the day I finally stand up to him myself. I'm not going to lie. I'm terrified. But I know I can do this.

James hasn't left my side very often. He only leaves when I tell him he needs to shower and when he has too pee.

I think I didn't believe him 4 days ago was because of my father. However creepy it sounds, I know deep down its true.

My trust had been damaged and I needed someone to fix it. and I think James is that person.

As I walked into the court room, I let out a long breath. This was hard. I felt a squeeze in my left hand and looked down to see James was holding it.

I looked up to see his caring eyes staring back at me. Truthfully, their isn't ever going to be another man for me.

Sure I have my problems.

And he has his.

But I will never find someone else who I adore more.

We took our seats and waited.

The court started a few minutes later with the judge and jury coming in.

Next came in my father. He looked ruffed up. Like he had been in a fight with lots of people.... Or lots of boys.

I looked over at James who was slightly grinning.

He turned to me and whispered. "Your old man said hi"

I guess you can't change a bad boy. And James Inferno really was a boy from hell!

I grinned as my father stood up.

4 days ago I was filled with worry. Now I'm filled with a knowing that he will go away forever for his crimes.

I smiled a little as James took a longer look at his handy work.

"I don't remember anyone giving him a black eye?" James said curiously.

My grin got wider.

James turned to me.

"my father said hi to you as well" James laughed a little as he held me closer to him.

You can't make a bad boy good!
But you can make a good girl bad!

........
(This is me adding this note in after about a year of this book being continued. This was going to be the end but there is actually more chapters so please don't stop reading!)

Thanks for reading.

-Rowan